User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2010 8:20:11 PM EDT
What would you choose and why?

thx
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had the green chevron for almost a year now and I would not choose anything else.  

I sent my other one in to have it converted from the red to green.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
why that over the horseshoe in your opinion?

thx
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always used the chevron.  Don't want to try changing now that I have used it for so long.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
i went with the amber color chevron..red has bad distortion for me  my eyes dont like red

did not try green... amber works good for me.... why chevron i like it .. plus for me it has a fine center mass when targeting

i shoot center point and their is not a lot of reticle bling....

here this might help

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/OpticsReticles/Trijicon/Trijicon.htm
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used both the chevron and the horseshoe and prefer the horseshoe.  It isn't even close.  It is faster and more precise.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have always used the chevron.  Don't want to try changing now that I have used it for so long.

agreed. issued one. deployed with one. it works. no reason to switch now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've used both the chevron and the horseshoe and prefer the horseshoe.  It isn't even close.  It is faster and more precise.

+1.  The horseshoe is much better in my view, but these questions are very much a personal choice.  I feel  it's definitely more precise.  Probably about the same as the chevron speed-wise for me.  The chevron is more a "minute of man" reticle.  Tacti-cool guys like me that plink and slow fire as much as anything else prefer the illuminated  center dot, and top of the post.  Both are easy to acquire and made more so by the horseshoe that frames them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  The horseshoe is much better in my view, but these questions are very much a personal choice.  I feel  it's definitely more precise.  Probably about the same as the chevron speed-wise for me.  The chevron is more a "minute of man" reticle.  Tacti-cool guys like me that plink and slow fire as much as anything else prefer the illuminated  center dot, and top of the post.  Both are easy to acquire and made more so by the horseshoe that frames them.

What do you mean by more "minute of man"?

This really seems like it goes back and forth. This optic is intended for a shtf gun if that helps at all? I thought that the circle may be intrusive at longer distances/ cluttery because it may cover up the target?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed. issued one. deployed with one. it works. no reason to switch now.

Trast me, it isn't that big of a difference.  It would take you all of about 5 minutes to get used to it if you want.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#10]
"Minute of man" means it's best for shooting people rather than targets.  You acquire quicker but lack a precise aim point other reticles have –– but who cares as you're just trying to impact a 19"x12" center mass area.  You want to shoot a bulls eye targets or get a much more precise zero, it's my OPINION that the horseshoe is better.  Than said, I can honestly appreciate those that prefer other reticles.  The horseshoe doesn't obstruct the target though so don't sweat that.

You say this is going back and forth.  Were you expecting some sort of a definitive answer on what YOU would like better?  ACOGs sell plenty with all reticle variants, that's why you need to invest a little personal time and see what's best for you.  Or just buy any of them and learn to like it as they're all well designed and tens of thousands of people use each type.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top