Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 2:05:42 PM EDT
Hello,

can I use the folding ACE stock with a M261 kit ? thanks.

folding stock like that: from TRIGGERFISH

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello,

can I use the folding ACE stock with a M261 kit ? thanks.

folding stock like that: from TRIGGERFISH

Hell yes!  There should be a flat spring on the rear of the M261 that pushes against the upper section that a buffer tube would normally screw into ( in this case none) -- when you close the upper down on the lower you should see that flat spring come in contact with that section.

By the way -- that's a Ciener magazine in there -- did you modify it to work with the M261?

That is one really cool setup you have there!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
that's not mine (I wish !!! ). It's TRIGGERFISH's M16. He has a ciener kit. I'm just trying to have the same setup but with a M261 kit instead and a 1/12 colt barrel chopped to 10.5".
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
that's not mine (I wish !!! ). It's TRIGGERFISH's M16. He has a ciener kit. I'm just trying to have the same setup but with a M261 kit instead and a 1/12 colt barrel chopped to 10.5".

That is a really nice setup -- looks like a YHM carbine light weight handguard on there -- nice!

That is one good point about the 22 conversions -- They don't really need the buffer tube to be there fore them to operate. There is a way to make a high cap magazine for your M261 but it takes a bit of hunting to find the parts and then some work putting it together.  I modified a Ciener 30 round mag to work with the M261 and it works great but I bought them back when they were like $35 each.  They are too darn expensive now for me to do any more!

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys, I'm sure there's nothing wrong (and a lot right) with the 261 kit, but with aftermarket springs, the Ciener conversion is great, and there's hi-caps a'plenty for the ciener, as well as speed loaders (a big plus) using modified Ramline loaders.

I have that Ace folder and it's very nice.  You'll like it.  One thing to consider, without SBR or MG status, the required bbl length may make the whole setup look a bit odd, but it will still cut the length down considerably.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks. I have a spare colt pencil barrel that I wanna chop to 14.5" + permanent FH. No need to drill a gas hole right ?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
No gas hole for .22LR, but if you go to the trouble of chopping the bbl, it might be worth doing if you ever plan on going back to 5.56.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top