BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 8:22:41 AM EDT
About last week someone started a ACE STock modification thread;

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=175871

I posted how cool I thought some of them were. Dave over at Knights Armament emailed me and said if you want to see a really cool mod, take a look at this. I wanted to get his permission before I posted it, and I just got it. Man, this is really something else!!! I've no idea how he did it, how hard it is, how easy it is, I just got the picture. And it is really cool!!!

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the modification was done on a Band Saw.  Since I really like the cheekpieces from the Vltor Stock, but also like the ACE's look as well, I simply removed enough (cutting away a little at a time) from the original Vltor Stock so it replaced the foam tube normally supplied with the ACE Stock.
Once I am done experimenting with this, I plan to epoxy the Vltor cheek pieces in place; and then remove the screws and cheek piece tab that now hangs-down below the basic line of the ACE at the small of the stock.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Call me crazy, but I like it!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I would absolutely pay for that to retrofit my ARFX's if it was available as a kit.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
think the vltor carbine tuber woudl fit on the new ACE shorty stock?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would absolutely pay for that to retrofit my ARFX's if it was available as a kit.

Chris
View Quote

ditto!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
That simply looks great! IMO Ace looked naked until now. It´s on my wish list but where the hell can I get those Vltor parts...?

MN
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That simply looks great! IMO Ace looked naked until now. It´s on my wish list but where the hell can I get those Vltor parts...?

MN
View Quote

you would have to buy a vltor stock and then hack off some piece to fit.

"some modification required"
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Weird looking, but I like! [:)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats nice! :) I dont like that foam on the ace, and that was my only reason not to get it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

MN
View Quote

you would have to buy a vltor stock and then hack off some piece to fit.

"some modification required"
View Quote

And cost of this ACE MOD would more than new Magpul M93A. No way, I´ll suffer and be without one.. [:(]

MN
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got to say it looks sharp.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn that's cool, Dave! [8D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:32:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Simply awesome! The ACE always seemed kind of bare to me like M4A2 said, but this makes it feel so much more "complete".

I would totally buy one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
[wow]
I *hate* fixed postban style stocks, but this is the first one I wouldn't mind owning!  (Does that mean I have to buy my first postban?)   Now you're giving me ideas for some Galils and FAL paras laying around... "The Coldblue Mod"

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now you're giving me ideas for some Galils and FAL paras laying around... "The Coldblue Mod"
View Quote

DAMN, I didnt even think about that! [:D]

hmmmm....and I just so happen to have a Galil laying around.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#16]
NICE MOD!!!

I just checked my ZM to see if I could get it to work, but it won't.  Damn.  The VLTOR would hit the charging handle & receiver when stowed...  

Really nice mod though!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top