Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:41:50 PM EDT
I am a former pistol competition shooter that has been out of the game for about 13 years and would like to buy a new ar-15, 16 inch A4 profile.

Is RRA the only company that advertizes its accuracy in their ads? What company should I look at the can give me 1 inch or better at 100 yards?

Its the past shooter in me that says I want an accurate rifle.

Thanks
Shipper
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Most AR's can hold 1 MOA at 100yrds
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Just buy a nice rifle, 16" barrels can hold 1 MOA, but a free-floating handguard would help.  A 20" would have no problem.  

If you are an old target guy you might be interested in a dissapator style rifle.  It offers the full sight radius of the 20" rifle with the barrel length/weight/ease of mobility of a carbine.  

Otherwise, get a 16" M4 barrel, free-float the grip with a 4 rail rifle handguard and buy some decent flip-up iron sights.  If you want to go optics then it doesn't matter how you free-float the barrel.  

And if you want super accurate look at Larue's uppers with a lower that has a "match" trigger assembly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Look for one with a 1 in 7 or 8 twist and utilize the 77 grain bullets. Big , big , difference. Fulton Armory advertises accuracy. The Rock River Wilson barrels are excellent in that price range. I dont see the guys here shooting under an inch consistant unless they have a fast twist and a match bullet. I am talking 100 yds. with a scope. Getting under the .5 consistant can be done with the expensive rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top