Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2005 8:00:47 PM EDT
I am planning to build my first rifle with thechristmas money I get

What I really want is a pretty accurate rifle. Will my rifle be MOA accurate if I get a cheap upper and lower and then splurge on a match barrel? Do I also need to buy a nice match bolt or is a normal one OK?  Basically what I am asking is, if I have a nice barrel is that where the accuracy comes from.......if I nedd other parts what are they?

Oh, I plan to get a match trigger as well.......probably RRA.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget a free float tube of some type. Check out Compass Lake Engineering for your barrel. You can also get a matched bolt at the same time. After that use good quality mil-spec parts and that should do it.

only accurate rifles are interesting
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
become a good shooter that could actually use the potential of the rifle........
the rest usually falls in place
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
How important is the bolt when it comes to accuracy?
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How important is the bolt when it comes to accuracy?

The bolt is not that important to accuracy, usually it's the barrel, free float handguards, trigger, sights and good match ammo.

That's just the hardware but don't forget it's the singer not the song.

Check out ADCO Firearms they have high performance barrels with a more affordable cost.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd say being a good shooter will have about 2x more to do than the gun setup itself. Otherwise my ar15 keeps getting magicly more and more accurate :D
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Start with a freefloat tube and a good trigger.
Any freefloat tube is fine.
Wear out your first barrel by learning to shoot it to it's full potential.
When you are ready for a barrel with more accuracy potential, come see me...
I know all the tricks.

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top