Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:00:56 PM EDT
I currently have the Accupoint TR21 and I am honestly having a hard time getting real consistant groupings at 100yrds. I cant get a constitant shot in with the rectile and feel like I should go with a more traditional crosshair scope. Does anybody with this scope feel the same or do I just suck at shooting?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
its not made for everyone.

i have a ta31f and i can get sub moa groups with it all day long on my recon build but i do see where a traditional crosshair set up would greatly affect accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It works the same for me, no small groups. I'm fine with it though since I see this as an action scope for hunting either animals or men, not for making small holes in paper.

The problem is in being able to consistantly hold on the same spot, so if you aren't holding on the same spot every time then of course the groups will open up.

Here's why it doesn't matter, if you are hunting you will never be holding on the same spot shot after shot, so as long as you are hitting where you are aiming, it's not really a problem.

ETA: Think of it like some of the fast action sights for pistols, like the XS big dot. They are fast and work great if either you or your target is moving, but they suck for shooting small groups.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:12:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Tip, for shooting groups, turn the fiber optic illumination off.

These were fired at a laser verified 300 yards with my TR21. Both are under 3 inches, the smaller under 2...

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:19:45 AM EDT
[#4]

+1 on covering the fiber optic to get a finer aiming point.

Post reticles just look different than cross hairs and take some getting used to.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Good tip on covering the fiber optics up! I will give it a shot tommorow if my other upper ever comes in.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
ipschoser1,

What barrel and ammo were you using when you shot those groups?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tip, for shooting groups, turn the fiber optic illumination off.

I'll have to try that... thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:25:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ipschoser1,

What barrel and ammo were you using when you shot those groups?

Standard Bushy 1x9 Govt profile. Briley FF tube. Handload with Win 55PSP over AA2200.

Here's a pic of the rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top