Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/7/2003 9:49:03 AM EDT
Installed an accu-wedge mostly because my gun was "loose", and I could feel a slight knock when I picked it up off its side.

It seems to have helped accuracy, despite what I've read to the contrary, written by people who know more than I do.

If the upper can move relative to the lower, why wouldn't that be just like having loose screws (or crappy bedding) on a bolt gun?

When the hammer (as part of the lower) strikes the bolt carrier (part of the upper), wouldn't that change alignment between the two, possibly moving the upper just as the bullet starts on its way?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:18:26 PM EDT
I just prefer having it with out a wobble. :-) John Call it a security thing
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:45:15 AM EDT
I put one in mine. Not sure if it helped accuracy, but definitely tightened things up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:49:14 AM EDT
I use them on my guns. What the hell, they're 2 bucks. I used it first on a Bushy that was pretty loose, and then on a Colt. When I got my Oly it was so tight to start with, I had to cut 1/4" off of the wedge. It did seem to help accuracy on the Colt and Bushy, but I coludn't tell a difference on the Oly-it was very accurate from the beginning. It is also supposed to reduce wear, so I use 'em on everything.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:23:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By triburst1: When I got my Oly it was so tight to start with, I had to cut 1/4" off of the wedge..
View Quote
Roger that ... my PCR-5 is so tight I was unable to get the accu-wedge in there and close the rifle. Finally gave up after almost spraining my wrists trying. Can't complain though ... it's tight where it counts, and not *too* tight in places like the mag well (my mags drop freely).
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:49:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 10:50:24 AM EDT by shamayim]
The Accu-wedges are made to fit the deeper shelf lowers such as Colt, DPMS, and Bushmaster. Most, if not all, of the other makers these days are building lowers with a higher rear shelf than the above, and the Accu-wedges won't fit unles you cut about half the thickness off the bottom of them. Doing that let it fit my Rock River piece. Have 'em in all four of my ARs. Like the man said, they're cheap, and I like the more solid feel of the rifle w/the wedge in[:D]
Top Top