Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2013 5:32:11 AM EDT
Greetings!

Question: Anyone ever use an Accu Wedge in their LWRC? What were the results?

I did a google search and found that they generally didn't cause problems but I couldn't gauge how effective they are. FYI I know they aren't *necessary*, but I figure "why-not!".   At the very least it may reduce wear and tear on the gun due to all the rattling between the upper and lower.

(specifically, I have an M6 SPR)
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, a $2500 gun shouldn't rattle. How can they not get this down?
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 7:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Forged AR uppers and lowers will almost always have a small amount of play.  It is the nature of the beast.  Their billet stuff absolutely shouldn't, but that's on the IC and other models with the ambi lower.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The tendency of some people on ARFCOM to completely ignore the question at hand and instead proselytize regarding their own pet-peeve will never cease to amaze me.

We're talking about accu wedges in the LWRC M6, not the benefits of having a little slop (increased compatibility between different uppers/lowers) versus a tight-fit (feels better in the hand).

Also, I should have been more clear.... the gun isn't rattling by any measure.... it just has a small amount of play. My apologies.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought an LWRC M6 and it had about 10 thousandths of an inch play.

I put an accuwedge n mine and it made ZERO difference. The play is from side to side not up and down.

I will not and should not have bought it but I couldn't find another PWS or POF
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I put an accuwedge n mine and it made ZERO difference. The play is from side to side not up and down.

Acknowledged; thank you.
M
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Greetings!

Question: Anyone ever use an Accu Wedge in their LWRC? What were the results?

I did a google search and found that they generally didn't cause problems but I couldn't gauge how effective they are. FYI I know they aren't *necessary*, but I figure "why-not!".   At the very least it may reduce wear and tear on the gun due to all the rattling between the upper and lower.

(specifically, I have an M6 SPR)

I use one on my M6A2 and it tightened it up just enough so it wouldn't bother me. Also used .005 shoulder bolt shims on the front takedown pin to take out the side to side slop. Makes no difference in accuracy as it has been posted here many times but it makes me sleep better at night.

Link Posted: 6/21/2013 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Used one forever in a M6A3 (suppressed full-time, so it did get hot...inasmuch as LWRC's get hot) and it worked fine to take up a little play. No issues, but no super-duper benefit. If it makes you feel better, then it's working.  Try it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He didn't ask what you should have bought. Honestly no one gives a shit about your choices.

Link Posted: 6/22/2013 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used one in the past and have noticed it did tighten up my rifle but that's it. It's not going to make you a better shooter. At the end of the day shooter skills is what comes into play but a nice rifle can make a good shooter better. If you like a tighter feeling rifle by all means get it. It's what like 5 bucks? You make a paycheck right? You'll have more money next time you get paid.

Some people on this site act like 5 bucks is a massive monetary setback.

I don't run it anymore as I didn't care too much for it.

I qualify on an M16A2 that was made back in the 80's. Last time I shot 18 of my shots were 300 meter hits with irons. That rifle was tight enough for me. However I will still always remember my rifle back in basic which was loser than a vegas whores snatch. That rifle could have definitely benefited from an accuwedge.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I've used one before, but it is a pita to snap the upper back on the lower. sure you can trim it, but that would defeat the purpose.
You may want to look into the rear tension takedown pins.

I'd woudln't mind trying one of these if I had a loose ar again. rear pin

Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#12]
JP has a pin that takes the place of the rear takedown pin that is suppose to work really well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:35:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Just FYI, the new ambi lowers I have seen that are used on the IC (and possibly the SPR, can't remember I have to check) have an adjustment set screw under the grip to take any play out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just FYI, the new ambi lowers I have seen that are used on the IC (and possibly the SPR, can't remember I have to check) have an adjustment set screw under the grip to take any play out.
View Quote

You sir are correct

Adam P
LWRCi
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You sir are correct

Adam P
LWRCi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir are correct

Adam P
LWRCi

Will the SIX8 ambi lowers have this as well?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I used one in my A3 and it did take some play out of the upper  to lower fit. During a class our instructor took it out and shot the rifle to prove to me that it had no effect on accuracy. He  explained how mil spec  manufacturing  allow for multiple companies to produce parts that should always fit together and function to a specified degree. He finished up by telling me slop or no slop your not gonna lose any accuracy irons, dot, or scope so don't buy the snake oil unless your OCD and need it or you'll melt down.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top