Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 9:43:35 AM EST
I bought a DPMS Accu Wedge (soft red rubbery wedge) and trimmed it on the seating surface and bottom (where it has a step that looks as if it wants to be trimmed).

There wasn't a LOT of slop to begin with: RRA A4 upper with an Ameetec Lower. They fit fairly well but that tiny amount of slop made the rifle feel like it was going to fall apart each time I handled the rifle.

I trimmed the wedge until the receivers could be pinned together with minimal compression. The rifle felt a lot more solid and if you ignore the extreme Bushmaster A2 handguard slop, it feels like a real rifle!

Are there any negatives or side effects that may result from using the accu wedge? I know that it does not affect accuracy since the optics and sights are all on the upper receiver, but not having a rickety rifle instills more confidence when shooting.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:45:52 AM EST
my guess is it improves accuracy because you can hold he rifle steadier, the pistol grip and stock are on the lower.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:46:20 AM EST
1000+ rnds in my bushy w/ an accuwede

no problems at all; no play either
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:51:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 9:52:03 AM EST by FortyFiveAutomatic]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:00:54 PM EST
don't worry about it at all. I have used that product in two separate AR 15 type rifles for five years, with absolutely no negative affects at all whatsoever.
Top Top