Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/8/2003 10:05:32 AM EDT
I want to install an accessory rail onto my rifle, a RRA M4 Tactical Entry LE w/ 6 Position Stock.

Are there accessory rails available which 'bolt' on to the stock RRA handguard?
Are these bolt-on rails a decent/effective method to use when wanting to add accessories like vertical grip and/or lights?

Thanks for any and all info concerning rails and hadnguard mounting.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:53:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2003 10:55:07 AM EDT by Stryfe]
There are AAC makes one. Can't speak to effectiveness. [url]http://www.advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:20:14 AM EDT
I installed a GG&G under the forend intergrated rail (UFIR), it is very well made and the quality is first rate. The mount is solid and I really like it. this rail will fit your RRA nadguard very well. [url]www.gggaz.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:29:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2003 11:31:24 AM EDT by Fenian]
Fulton Armory has 6" ones for $24.99, plus the usual. My Ace vertical grip came with a little one, about 3"...but it's really only big enough for the grip. It worked pretty good...felt very solid.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:25:32 PM EDT
How are these mounted to the rifle? I am assuming that I take off the handguard and the rails come with some hardware (nuts/bolts?) which goes through the hadguard's vent holes and the rail become tightened down onto the handguard this way?? Yes/No? Also, how long of rail should I look for? I was hoping to mount a light on the front-most part of the rail with a vertical grip behind the light, so should I just measure the length of my rifle's handguard and look for a fairly long rail? Thanks again for any and all info!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:48:41 PM EDT
GG&G's UFIR will enable you to mount the forward grip and the light at the same time. I also use a offist mount for my light, it is a very good design for mounting your light. [img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/m4a3-2.jpg[/img]
Top Top