Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2012 9:41:04 PM EDT
There may be a better section for this so feel free to move it, but it is somewhat AR specific.
I had been planning a second build for a while but havent had the funds until now (or at least soon).
I dont know what sort of chances the proposed AWB stands of passing but I would like to get a new lower before if possible.
Are any/many sites selling them without a huge markup?
Even better, is there anywhere where I can order one and they will just ship it when it gets in stock? Or would that likely take months?

Also, I know that you can build your own lower currently, does anyone have any clue as to how this will change if a new bill is passed? Can I sell mine and just make another for personal use only later?

I know a lot of this is hypothetical and that the discussion of the topic is getting a bit old but Im just trying to think of what I should consider doing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Your guess is as good as anyone's. Use google like the rest of us to find parts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't fall into the panic buying.  Back order one from a good company and wait.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don't fall into the panic buying.  Back order one from a good company and wait.

What he said.....

Don't run out and buy a $300 or $500 stripped lower  

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Exactly...so stupid the shit I have seen lately......members here trying to get $450 for a stripped lower that only cost $65 originally........making notes of all the rediculous price gaugers and will never do business with them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The stripped lower is the gun. Putting the parts in it does not make it more or less of a gun. Parts is parts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The stripped lower is the gun. Putting the parts in it does not make it more or less of a gun. Parts is parts.

True your lower has the serial number........big deal....when a stripped lower is sold for $65 bucks, and flipped a month  later to $450 cause you want to make money from a bad situation......not someone I want to do any business with.....if something happens later and I am forced to spend extra because of new laws then so be it......but I wont do it now when there are no such current laws and everyone is in panic buy mode.......I will wait for things to die down(and they will) make note of all the price gaugers, and never do business with them....... Thats me, you may feel different
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#7]
No ban threads in the tech forums.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top