Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 10:23:15 AM EDT
I'm thinking about updating an old Colt pre ban.  It has a large hole pivot pin.  The current upper receiver is an A1 with deflector.  I want to know if there were ever any A3 style (flat top) large hole uppers manufactured by Colt.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Troy.  What I have is an old slab side that has a small hole Bushmaster upper with 11.5 inch barrel with pin on to make legal 18.  The offset pin isn't really the ideal and I was wanting to find a large hole in order to use the oversize original pin.  This is a project on the back burner.  Who is a good supplier of genuine Colt parts?

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know Dennis Todd from PA?  I have not done business with him in ages.  He was great for Colt parts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:56:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link Troy.  I had been looking at Specialized Araments web page until the unpleasantness with which the owner posted replies here.  That made me think twice.  It is difficult for me to find sources for genuine Colt parts.  I would have thought that a company that has struggled financially would be chomping at the bit to get as much commercial business as Colt seems to purposefully turn away.  I get the impression that lots of folks would buy more genuine Colt parts if they were more readily available, in turn creating a positive source of cash flow for the company.  Positive income is good, right?  Makes me wonder sometimes.  

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top