Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2013 4:01:19 PM EDT
I'm an OTR driver now (for the time being), and I'm limited on my time and internet access.  I'm shopping for a complete AA upper.  Does anyone know someone on line that has a good deal on a carbine length MOE upper?  Thanks.

Mitch
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Is Midway USA's sale still on, it's good enough.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 5:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
RifleGear's been really good to me, and they have better prices on AA uppers than most other places.  I haven't checked if they have the midlength MOE setup you're looking for.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you considered a Huldra/AA upper? They are built by AA, relabeled as Huldra. They list significantly cheaper than AA (unless you catch a good deal on AA's, such as that Midway had not long ago, but no longer does). The best deal I've seen was AA Middy MOE edition for $546 at Midway, but that sale expired a couple weeks ago. Huldra also had their Middy standard on sale for $545 a few weeks ago, as well (expired, now $599 which is still a great deal). AA and Huldra routinely go on sale, I'd wait it out until they do so again.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you considered a Huldra/AA upper? They are built by AA, relabeled as Huldra. They list significantly cheaper than AA (unless you catch a good deal on AA's, such as that Midway had not long ago, but no longer does). The best deal I've seen was AA Middy MOE edition for $546 at Midway, but that sale expired a couple weeks ago. Huldra also had their Middy standard on sale for $545 a few weeks ago, as well (expired, now $599 which is still a great deal). AA and Huldra routinely go on sale, I'd wait it out until they do so again.
View Quote

Was going to recommend the same.
I picked up their mid length upper on sale 2 weeks ago for $800.
Have not had an opportunity to put rounds down the pipe yet, but I can't complain after the out-the-box visual inspection.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_126/631547_Joined_The_Piston_Upper_Club__Huldra_Evo_Slank_Arrived.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
RifleGear's been really good to me, and they have better prices on AA uppers than most other places.  I haven't checked if they have the midlength MOE setup you're looking for.
View Quote

Yes riflegear is the best deal I've seen. My AA is awesome, I think they are a good choice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the responses. Keep them coming if you don't mind.

ETA Does the MOE hand guard fit the the AA upper, or do I need to buy a special MOE hg? I apologize for my ignorance on the MOE stuff, I usually use railed stuff. Going budget this time....
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ETA Does the MOE hand guard fit the the AA upper, or do I need to buy a special MOE hg? I apologize for my ignorance on the MOE stuff, I usually use railed stuff. Going budget this time....
View Quote

So long as you purchase the Gen 2 MOE, yes, the guard is compatible in both carbine and middy versions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Moe will fit AA "basic" models. The models that have "standard" handguards will work with MOE. The models that have a free float handguard, will not, as they don't have the front handguard retaining cap.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Moe will fit AA "basic" models. The models that have "standard" handguards will work with MOE. The models that have a free float handguard, will not, as they don't have the front handguard retaining cap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true as well.
Budget builds usually rule out a free float set-up though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 2:47:56 AM EDT
[#11]
All right then.  That helps a lot!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I ended up buying the mid-length and a set of Magpul HGs from Huldra.  The pricing seemed good but the headache wasn't.  I purchased the upper by phone, gave them my CC info and went on my way.  That was the way it went until about three days later I get a call from a lady stating that my card had been rejected and that if I didn't pay them I would have the shipment intercepted and returned to them.  I was somewhat put off by the call, I had looked at my balance earlier and they had reserved the purchase amount so needless to say I was a little concerned.  I'm driving a semi-truck with a load in a snow storm west of Indy.  So I pull up the account on my phone and see that no, I didn't have the amount I needed, because THEY HAD RESERVED THE AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE, I told the lady that I would not pay for it twice, that they had already locked that amount of money in my account, and they should take that.  She again said I had to pay or have it intercepted and returned.  Again I told her I had paid for it, she said no, I said look you have reserved the money.  I was getting somewhat upset with her heavy handed tone and repeated at least three times that I had already paid for it, it was up to them to take the RESERVED money.  She said I needed to pay for it.... UGH!!!!  She finally relented after I told her I would repeat what was going on slowly so she could understand.  She stated that she would talk to someone else and call me back.  Guess what?  No call back.  

I got in after picking up a load and sent an email to the seller basically saying what I've just typed.  I received an email later as I was drifting off to sleep stating that there would be some sort of convoluted process to take care of this and I may need to be in on a three conversation with my bank to get to a resolution.  WTF is going on here I'm thinking, I've never seen or heard of something like this going on.  Regardless, I went to sleep and left WI at around 0100hrs.  I had checked my account and the money was still reserved.  Oh well.  Around 0230hrs I checked again and the reserved funding had been lifted, and two separate orders (HG, and Upper) were listed (reserved), Ok we are getting somewhere..... Nope.  

I get a call in the afternoon from a pleasant lady, I greeted her and she says that once I give her my CC number I would have this taken care of.  Say what??  I told her that they had cleared the reserved funds, and re-reserved the amount for the order.  She stated that they did not.  I say, yes you did, she says no.  Out comes the phone while I'm driving.  I pull up my account and give her the info for the separate orders to include the authorization numbers.  She says they didn't do it, I said, someone did.  Then she says that the computer automatically resubmits when there is insufficient funds.  I told her of course there is insufficient funding, you have already RESERVED the money!!  OMG what am I dealing with here????

We again went round and round.  She wanted me to pay again, I told her no, and when would I get the reserved funds back???  She said 72hrs, I said so I paid you and I won't have access to the other funding (reserved) for three days.  My money???  Holy crap!!!

She finally said she would check on it and get back to me.  She was good to her word and did indeed called back.  She said everything was taken care of....  I asked if I could get something for my hassle like an accessory (I was thinking some picatinney sections for the Magpul).  Nope nada.  I wasted all the time on the phone, and stress for something that eventually cost about the same as ordering elsewhere.  Lesson learned.  

Holy crap!  LOL

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#13]
update:  Both Huldra and AA have come through on some stuff.  I'm on the road so I'll fill in when I get home.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top