Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2005 11:23:48 AM EDT
New here, and hoping in my first post I can help out a friend (honestly--if this stuff were for me I'd freely admit it)

Anyway, I'll be honest and first of all explain that while I am a gun enthusiast (some might say fast becoming fanatical), I know precious little about the AR-15, or any milspec rifles in general-- other than my beater SKS, that is, but enough about me...;c)

So, with hat in hand, I ask, can anyone please tell me where I can find a source of high quality, raw upper and lower  forgings for  the AR-15?

Any helpful responses greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
raw, as in unfinished, needing machine work?

www.tanneryshop.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The term he specifically used was 'raw', but I'm afraid my ignorance doesn't allow me to answer that question with any certainty. I'll get a hold of him  post back ASAP.  Thanks for responding.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Back again.  Answer is yes, he is looking for raw, unfinished forgings. My friend can get the CNC machining done where he is., so he is after only the uppers and lowers in their raw form i.e. as they come out of the forging and tempering (?) process.  My bud asked that I specify that the products he is seeking are to be (hopefully), hi quality.

Again, thanks ever so much for any further help.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Tanneryshop would be the place.

Tanneryshop

A2 LOWER FORGINGS...........27.00
A2 UPPER FORGINGS............27.00
A3 FLAT TOP FORGINGS.......27.00

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you very much.

I'll forward the information right away.  If anyone else has any input, I'd also very much appreciate it.

One other question: anyone here know what the laws on the US end are RE: shipping these parts to New Zealand?

Cheers!

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thank you very much.

I'll forward the information right away.  If anyone else has any input, I'd also very much appreciate it.

One other question: anyone here know what the laws on the US end are RE: shipping these parts to New Zealand?

Cheers!

well... you're not shipping a firearm. it's legally nothing more than a block of metal.

But i would be cautious as to NZ law.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, that's a somewhat tricky argument, but I do know what you mean.  

I think the legal restrictions in NZ may be why he asked for 'raw' as opposed to finished, but that's no more than supposition on my part. I will say I know he's not out to do anything sinsiter or illegal. But sometimes one has to be clever about getting *around* some silly laws--and can be done perfectly legally.   But I'll let you know what I find.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top