Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/30/2003 5:13:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2003 5:53:39 PM EDT by greenmountainpatriot]
Something a little different for your viewing pleasure

THE 512 IN OLIVE DRAB

512 WITH CUT CARRY HANDLE BUIS

512 WITH BROKEN FRONT GLASS...DOT STILL SHINES THRU LIKE A CHAMP! Recticle APPEARS blurry in the pic DUE TO THE CAM I USED...much more clear when you look thru it.

512 BROKEN GLASS....FRONT VIEW

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:36:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2003 5:37:04 PM EDT by naloxone]
Did you shoot it? [shock] Good pics, thanks for posting. Nice to have an idea what i'll be faced with if i ever break the glass.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:44:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By naloxone: Did you shoot it? [shock] Good pics, thanks for posting. Nice to have an idea what i'll be faced with if i ever break the glass.
View Quote
Nope...I didn't do the breaking [;)] I'm dialing it in up at the range tomorrow. I was shocked at how great this sight still functions despite be busted up like that!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:45:43 PM EDT
WOW!!! Thanks GMP! I'm gonna go hug my EoTech now!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:38:58 PM EDT
I'd been told by others that as long as there's a sliver of glass left, you can get a red spot. Good to see it for myself. Glad I got one! ------------- JayCeeNC
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:53:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By greenmountainpatriot:
Originally Posted By naloxone: Did you shoot it? [shock] Good pics, thanks for posting. Nice to have an idea what i'll be faced with if i ever break the glass.
View Quote
Nope...I didn't do the breaking [;)] I'm dialing it in up at the range tomorrow. I was shocked at how great this sight still functions despite be busted up like that!
View Quote
I did the same thing with my broken window 511, I mounted on one of my M4 upper with the LMT rear sight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:39:30 AM EDT
Sweet pics![:D] How clear is the reticle? Damn these things are rugged! I wonder how similar damage would effect an Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:09:15 AM EDT
Thanks for the great pics!! Did you do the OD green job or did yu get them like that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:30:02 PM EDT
This is just another of the many reasons why I love the EO Tech. It also seems the 512 gets good battery life. I bought it thinking batteries would be easier to replace quickly if it used AA's. But I have had one on a gun I only use for practice now for quite a while with the original batteries! I have zeroed it, played with it and used it quite a bit and the reticle is still very bright. How long does your batteries seem to hold up in the 512's? -Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:32:09 PM EDT
About 5 years ago, the famous B&B Sales (North Hollywood) had an old Bushnell Holo with a 22lr hole through it. Still ticked like a Timex.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:40:54 AM EDT
Impressive...I'm glad to know that it'll still work when broken. I still abby the stupid thing so much. I even got the little Eotech neoprene cozy thing. I put snow and a piece of a paper towel in the window trying to block the dot from coming up, but as long as there is a little bit of glass, it'll work. Guess that is comforting if I ever have a SHTF scenario in a Foam / Bubble Rave or something!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:33:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Horik: Thanks for the great pics!! Did you do the OD green job or did yu get them like that?
View Quote
I did the OD'ing of the sight w/ standard military OD spray paint and some tape. I put on a few coats and it seems to be holding up well. As for 512 Battery life...just rec'd this the other day as a demo from the factory. No idea how long battery life will be aside from the "100hrs" claim.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:55:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2003 4:56:46 PM EDT by Zardoz]
I had thought that the sight being fully usable, even with a broken lens was kind of a stretch, but a vendor had one with a busted lens as a demo at the last gun show I went to, and greenmountainpatriot's right; the recticle really DOES remain very clear and usable (unless you break the glass all the way out of it, I guess).
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:58:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2003 4:59:26 PM EDT by SMGLee]
Originally Posted By Zardoz: I had thought that the sight being fully usable, even with a broken lens was kind of a stretch, but a vendor had one at the last gun show I went to, and greenmountainpatriot's right; the recticle really DOES remain very clear and usable (unless you break the glass all the way out of it, I guess).
View Quote
I sighted my broken window in last weekend, I shot about three mags out of the gun after it was sighted. [img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/eotechs.jpg[/img] Military desert tan and abuse paint job
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:00:47 AM EDT
I have an EOTech, and love it. I found an ARMS #54 online the other day. What advantages are there for mounting EO this way? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:12:49 AM EDT
I'm impressed. Where is the best place to purchase one of these 512's? Thanks for any info.
Top Top