User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 5:13:44 PM EDT
Something a little different for your viewing pleasure

THE 512 IN OLIVE DRAB

512 WITH CUT CARRY HANDLE BUIS

512 WITH BROKEN FRONT GLASS...DOT STILL SHINES THRU LIKE A CHAMP! Recticle APPEARS blurry in the pic DUE TO THE CAM I USED...much more clear when you look thru it.

512 BROKEN GLASS....FRONT VIEW

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you shoot it? [shock]

Good pics, thanks for posting. Nice to have an idea what i'll be faced with if i ever break the glass.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Good pics, thanks for posting. Nice to have an idea what i'll be faced with if i ever break the glass.
View Quote

Nope...I didn't do the breaking [;)]
I'm dialing it in up at the range tomorrow. I was shocked at how great this sight still functions despite be busted up like that!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW!!!

Thanks GMP!  I'm gonna go hug my EoTech now!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd been told by others that as long as there's a sliver of glass left, you can get a red spot. Good to see it for myself.
Glad I got one!

-------------
JayCeeNC
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope...I didn't do the breaking [;)]
I'm dialing it in up at the range tomorrow. I was shocked at how great this sight still functions despite be busted up like that!
View Quote

I did the same thing with my broken window 511, I mounted on one of my M4 upper with the LMT rear sight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Sweet pics![:D]  How clear is the reticle?

Damn these things are rugged!  I wonder how similar damage would effect an Aimpoint?

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the great pics!!  Did you do the OD green job or did yu get them like that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
This is just another of the many reasons why I love the EO Tech. It also seems the 512 gets good battery life. I bought it thinking batteries would be easier to replace quickly if it used AA's. But I have had one on a gun I only use for practice now for quite a while with the original batteries! I have zeroed it, played with it and used it quite a bit and the reticle is still very bright. How long does your batteries seem to hold up in the 512's?

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#9]
About 5 years ago, the famous B&B Sales (North Hollywood) had an old Bushnell Holo with a 22lr hole through it.   Still ticked like a Timex.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:40:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Impressive...I'm glad to know that it'll still work when broken.  I still abby the stupid thing so much.  I even got the little Eotech neoprene cozy thing.

I put snow and a piece of a paper towel in the window trying to block the dot from coming up, but as long as there is a little bit of glass, it'll work.

Guess that is comforting if I ever have a SHTF scenario in a Foam / Bubble Rave or something!!

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the great pics!!  Did you do the OD green job or did yu get them like that?
View Quote

I did the OD'ing of the sight w/ standard military OD spray paint and some tape. I put on a few coats and it seems to be holding up well.

As for 512 Battery life...just rec'd this the other day as a demo from the factory. No idea how long battery life will be aside from the "100hrs" claim.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I had thought that the sight being fully usable, even with a broken lens was kind of a stretch, but a vendor had one with a busted lens as a demo at the last gun show I went to, and greenmountainpatriot's right; the recticle really DOES remain very clear and usable (unless you break the glass all the way out of it, I guess).
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had thought that the sight being fully usable, even with a broken lens was kind of a stretch, but a vendor had one at the last gun show I went to, and greenmountainpatriot's right; the recticle really DOES remain very clear and usable (unless you break the glass all the way out of it, I guess).
View Quote

I sighted my broken window in last weekend, I shot about three mags out of the gun after it was sighted.

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/eotechs.jpg[/img]
Military desert tan and abuse paint job
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I have an EOTech, and love it.  I found an ARMS #54 online the other day. What advantages are there for mounting EO this way?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm impressed. Where is the best place to purchase one of these 512's? Thanks for any info.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top