Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 4:50:21 PM EDT
Well I finally got a chance to fire my LE6920 at the range.

I went there with a specific list of objectives to acomplish.  I used my Harris Bipod and one sand bag

O-1. Zero GGG A2 sight.
O-2. Zero SN-4 Scope
O-3. Test 40 gr in 1 in 7 twist (Federal V-Shok BT)
O-4. Test 50 gr (Blackhills V-Max Nosler BT)
O-5. Test 55 gr (Federal V-Shok BT)
O-6. Test 60 gr (Blackhills V-Max Nosler BT)
O-7. Test 4-20rnd Teflon Mags for feed
O-8. Test 4-30rnd Teflon Mags for feed

Results:
R-1. 5-Shot group at 25 yards to get on the paper, several click to the right and one click higher and I was zeroed at 25.  Not really the distance I wanted to zero at, but it was the first time at this range so I wanted to shoot at their preset distances.  Everything went well, and I accomplished the objective.  One small problem, the Windage is a bit to far to the right.  I wish it was centered more.

R-2. I couldn't find the paper at 25 yards with the SN-4, so I had someone watch me shoot at the gong at 100yards and see where the bullet hit the sand.  Well something was wrong with my used scope, it was shooting about a foot low at 100 yards.  I tried everything, but I couldn't get it up, only lower.  So the scope was shipped back to USO for some TLC.

R-3,4,5, & 6.  Well without my scope I wasn't able to accurately test the rounds the way I wanted.  I had to test everything with open sights, and I couldn't tell if it was me or the bullets that were grouping good or bad.  From my open sights, the 55 grain V-Shok was the tightest group at 25 yards.  One good result was the 40 gr BT didn't disintegrate from over rotation due to 1-7 Twist.  

R-7 & 8.  All eight mags from cmmginc.com fed perfectly!

With the exception of the Scope the day went well and I was very happy with the new AR.  I was nailing the gong at 100 yards in the standing free hand stance with Winchester White Box!!!  I wasn' expecting it to be that easy as I was zeroed at 25 yards and I wasn't sure how high I would be at 100 yards.

Pic of the AR:
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#1]
nice set up
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
My arse still hurts!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top