Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:03:23 PM EDT
I just finished putting a C1 stock on my AR10.  I've got a couple of questions:  How far am I supposed to screw the top stock screw in? All the way?  In general, I'm satisfied with the stock's construction, but on the sides, there are shiny, smoothe streaks, pictured below.  Are these typical of C1 stocks?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The shiny areas on the side are caused by the manufacturing process.  Some are worse than others but they all have it.  The screw should be tight enough to keep the stock nice and solid without being so tight that it tears through the plastic on the buttplate.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The macro button is your FRIEND.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
My stock looks the same way.  And yes, I overtightened the upper screw on the cheapass plastic buttplate.  Overall, this stock is pretty annoying since for the same price i could have gotten an A-2 with aluminum buttplate assembly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

?

The macro button on your digital camera, which is used for getting proper focus in close up shots. Prevents blurry pics like the one you posted.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Overall, this stock is pretty annoying since for the same price i could have gotten an A-2 with aluminum buttplate assembly.

The C1 stock will take a regular A2 buttplate if you want to upgrade it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top