Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 5:57:14 PM EST
Hello, everyone. I know for my uses I would be better suited by an ACOG than an aimpoint, eotech, etc. I have read the tacked thread about ACOGs and there are still a couple of basic things I am not sure about.

1. Is there a list or chart online somewhere that shows which ACOGS are tailored for which setups as far as carry handle vs flat top mounting, bullet type (55gr, 62gr, etc), barrel length, etc?

2. Would the cross hair type reticle of the TA01 allow for more precise shots (better groups) and allow the user to sight more precisely at 200 or 300yds than aT11 or T31 with donut, chevron, triangle, bagle, apple pie, beer bottle, or whatever other kind of reticle they offer? Most of my shooting is done from distances of at least 50yds out to 300.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:55:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:13:49 PM EST
1. look at above to the big ACOG BDC chart.

2.yes the TA01 will allow for better groups than the TA11 or the TA31. those models are for dynamic shooting, or combat type enviroments where it doesnt matter if you hit the guy directly in between the eyes. of you are going to just shoot groups then get the TA01. if you want a 3 gun rifle or a SHTF rifle then go with TA11/TA31.

3. The TA11/TA31 will allow for just as percise aiming at 300 and beyond, because of the BDC reticle.

Remman
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:38:59 AM EST
2. I did my first 5-shot sub-MOA group at 100yds with the donut the other day (it wasn't on target; but hey, it was a good group). It isn't as easy as crosshairs by any means; but you can do pretty good precision with any of the reticles provided you practice.

If you primarily plan to shoot groups then the TA01 is definitely better suited for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:49:54 AM EST
Thanks, guys. Yeah, from everything I have read and gathered from this board and Trijicons info I figured the thin crosshairs of the TA01 would allow more precision shooting. I just hope I dont get one then find out its great at 200 or 300yds, but I cant hit squat shooting more quickly at 25 to 50yds! That would be the story of my life!
Top Top