Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 6:17:50 PM EDT
After four years of this hobby, I now have some nice rifles.  What I also have is a huge box of dicarded and obsolete parts.  Is anybody else in the same boat? I do not really want or need to sell the stuff, but it is piling up.  We need a big PARTS-O RAMA swap meet.  Not that it would solve anything for me....I would just come home with more crap and need a bigger box.

I just took inventory and came up with:

3 A2 grips in assorted black and OD
3 mid length handguards in Coyote, black and OD
1 rifle handguards
2 CQB slings
1 YHM rear BUIS
2 A2 stocks
2 CAR 4 position stocks
1 Bushnell Holosight
2 car stock wrenches
a huge bag of hex wrenches
probably enough small parts to assemble 1.5 lowers
assorted cheap 1" rings
a few strippers
Aimpoint battery
Magpul M93 instructions
3 empty ARMS boxes (they are nice boxes)
a Larue wrench
2 Orlite mags
rails
rail covers
a can of ALUMAHYDE and a can of Krylon

Also, big thumbs up to the AR-15 dealers that have saddled me with this big box.  In the last two years I have purchased with excellent results from:

Adrenaline
ADCO
Ammoman
G&R
Dennys
Quantico
Eagle
Lightfighter
Del-Ton
CMMG
Tapco

Orders on the way from Brightflashlights and KKF

STOP THE INSANITY!

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you interested in parting with the slings for cheap?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Nah....I collect parts as much as I do guns

I did not mean this to be a for sale thread.

I am ordering a new stripped lower.....my four other rifles need company.  It will not solve anything, however.  I will be short one part and need to order more. I have three of each freaking pin and spring in the kit except the one I need.

I had no plans going into this hobby to be a "put it together/gunsmith" kinda guy.  Now I am the troubleshooter of the entire neighborhood.  Cops are even asking me to fix their HBARS.  What is this world coming to????

On a mountaintop somewhere (probably Arizona) there is a factory that spits out a stupid simple little detent pin.  That pin rolls down the mountain and like a freaking snowball becomes a boulder of aluminum and plastic parts that crashes into my credit card.

I just can't find the perfect AR.  I recently thought I had it with a CMMG 1/7 16" carbine/Aimpoint ML2/ARMS 40/Ace Socom/CQB MOUT.  Then I fucked it all up with an compact ACOG/Larue/Magpul M93/YHM buis.  Now everything is out of rotation and on other rifles.  Even if I could get them all back together, I have a M910-WH on the way that will just complicate matters further.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
are the strippers blondes ?  hink
between the ARs and 1911s i have a fair amount of spare and replaced parts filling several boxes
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:26:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I say we start a Christmas tradition wherein each of us swaps our box of leftover stuff for somebody else's box of leftover stuff. Sort of like exchanging fruitcakes but you never know when you might actually end up with something you need.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
i traded all my spare 1911 parts for a new AR-15......... Colt too !!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]
How much for the Holosite?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top