Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:49:12 PM EDT
So having a small 1992 Volkswagen GTi, it's been a serious b*tch jamming my long rifle hard cases into my hatch-back's trunk he
I got this idea from my friend's big blue Rock River Arms hard-case. He actually let me borrow it but my Stag-15 Model 1 wouldn't fit the plastic moldings =( A part of the goal is to be 'discreet' so if it said Nike or Wilson on the side that'd be absolutely excellent =D. Most tennis cases I see in sporting good stores aren't that long though.

Anyone that carries their AR this way have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
How about this?

www.cavalryarms.com/DRB.html

The Cavalry Arms Discreet Rifle Bag is designed for carrying a rifle in non-permissive environments.  Fully padded with a configurable internal divider, the Discreet Rifle Bag can carry up to a 20" AR15 broken down and six 30-round magazines.  The case works with short barreled AR15s assembled, and folding stock AK-47 style rifles.

Internal dimensions are 25.5" Long x 6" Wide x 5.5" deep.  The bag has room to stretch/bend in all directions.

Available in Blue, Black, and Red.

$160.00

Now with video demo!! vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29580235
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh man, I just found something to waste more money on. That bag is slick!

ETA:

Consider this a tag for when I get paid.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to look at the RRA hard case.  It is designed to carry a rifle broken down.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The Cavalry arms looks damn good but $160 ahh!! A little steep but it definitely looks like it can do the job. Certainly discreet with those bright ass colors.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
You may want to look at the RRA hard case.  It is designed to carry a rifle broken down.

LoL as you can see in the first post I tried it. The moldings look like they're able to take different setups but my Stag simply wouldn't fit in. I guess there's too many variations. Also my upper has optics mounted on it and the moldings wouldn't allow for it unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about this?

www.cavalryarms.com/DRB.html

The Cavalry Arms Discreet Rifle Bag is designed for carrying a rifle in non-permissive environments.  Fully padded with a configurable internal divider, the Discreet Rifle Bag can carry up to a 20" AR15 broken down and six 30-round magazines.  The case works with short barreled AR15s assembled, and folding stock AK-47 style rifles.

www.cavalryarms.com/DRB-1.jpg

Internal dimensions are 25.5" Long x 6" Wide x 5.5" deep.  The bag has room to stretch/bend in all directions.
www.cavalryarms.com/DRB-2.jpg
Available in Blue, Black, and Red.

$160.00

Now with video demo!! vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29580235

Just the bag I thought of when I read the OP's question.

Perfect for when JIHAD STRIKES !!
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Wilson Tennis Bag

This is 40 bucks, and seems to have even more benefits than this 160.00 bag.  What make s a bag like that worth 160.00 anyway?

ETA:  I would love to support Cav Arms, and get their bag, but... I'm not throwing down that kind of cash for a bag unless it does something special (like come with a lower inside it)
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Check these out. Both keep a m4/ar15 broken into two pieces.
SERT c-3
castlerock tactical case
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys for the suggestions! Seems that I've had the case the whole time except it had airsoft equipment in it! It measures about 31 inches but since it's a bright blue Wilson tennis racket bag it doesn't need to be that much smaller just to be discreet. It's one big pouch and I wrap my upper and lower in towels and put'em in.

The other cases have multiple pouches and spots for mags etc... I'd PREFER it be that way but I already have the bag and the others would cost over a hundred bucks. I'm not that rich so thanks for all those other suggestions guys.

BTW the bag/backpack one kicks ass. I always wondered if that existed since you could bring your long-rifle with you on a motorcycle or bicycle even =D...

Link Posted: 7/31/2008 11:51:34 PM EDT
[#11]
i just picked up a Condor micro drag bag. only 60 bucks, seems tough enough and is very compact. nice and padded. check it out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.savvysurvivor.com/tacforcediscreetcase.htm

If you scroll down, I got the 26" bag.  It has two sections opened by zippers so you can break down your upper and lower and store them separately.  It even has velcro straps to hold your upper in place.  I cut of the "tac force" tag to make it more dicreet.  Only $59. Not a bda deal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.specopstech.com/store/files/fProductSheets/go%20bag%20ext%20sheet%20revise.pdf

There are reviews of this bag on m4carbine and lightfighter.  They say it holds a 16in rifle broken down and several pmags.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
www.specopstech.com/store/files/fProductSheets/go%20bag%20ext%20sheet%20revise.pdf

There are reviews of this bag on m4carbine and lightfighter.  They say it holds a 16in rifle broken down and several pmags.

Fixed for hot linkage

btw...SKD carries these.

A 20" upper wouldn't fit, and my 16" upper still measures 25" OAL. IIRC, the extended Go Bag has an inside length of 23".
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 3:10:43 AM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
KISS href=SEARS 26" tool box
s7.kmart.com/is/image/Sears/00959326000?qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Lowes 26" for $20

As far as discreet goes, the tool boxes are a damn good idea. I've brought my tennis bags into shops and they love the idea. As long as the rifle can break down or fold into these sizes it's great stuff.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I've tried seaching but can't find a skate bag that large.  Can you find out who makes that bag?

ETA:
I found what the bag is.  But I don't think it is made anymore.
It's a SAQ brand bag for the Razor scooter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#20]
A skate bag allowing for the rifle to be carried WITHOUT being broken down is rather impressive. Might have to find me one, very discreet too and would be cool if it could be worn like a backpack. (Can't imagine not having arm straps)
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I found this duffel bag for $16 that im probably going to try. Its 26x12 so it might be the perfect size, you might have to rig up something to keep the upper and lower from banging into each other though.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/45620-1.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I found this duffel bag for $16 that im probably going to try. Its 26x12 so it might be the perfect size, you might have to rig up something to keep the upper and lower from banging into each other though.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/45620-1.html

Real simple and not bad. Pretty discreet I guess, but a goal of mine is to have symbols like Wilson Tennis or Razor on it so it tells a passer-by what they THINK they're seeing =D.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Another tool box option:
fatmax 28" box

I have one of these and the inside dimension is a full 26".  Keep in mind that the length listed for most tool boxes is the outside dimension.  This tool box also has a rubber gasket around the lid making it fairly waterproof/airtight.  If you have a pickup and plan on keeping it in the back, you will appreciate this feature when it rains.  Took it on a five day PD outing, with non-stop rain for a couple days, and it kept everything dry.

It is a big box though, and if you fill it up with gear, it gets heavy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up a pelican 1600 with which i can fit a broken down AR in. Since the foam is split, i keep the upper on the top layer of foam and then i have the lower, 4 20rnd mags 4 30 rnd mags and some clp on the bottom and space for other stuff that i might want to add. I'll post some pictures sometime later
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I got a Castlerock discrete case a week ago, and carried my carbine in it on a trip over the weekend.  

While any good testing takes time, I think that this is a well made, well thought out case.  There is padding where it is needed, and when you zip it up, the upper and lower are protected from each other and the outside world.

The Castlerock case, six 30-round magazines, a sling and a scoped 14.5" carbine, weigh about 18 pounds, which is a fairly light package.  

I didn't use them, but shoulder straps come with the bag, and the six attachment points on the case are steel and securely attached.

Whelen
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:
I got a Castlerock discrete case a week ago, and carried my carbine in it on a trip over the weekend.  

While any good testing takes time, I think that this is a well made, well thought out case.  There is padding where it is needed, and when you zip it up, the upper and lower are protected from each other and the outside world.

The Castlerock case, six 30-round magazines, a sling and a scoped 14.5" carbine, weigh about 18 pounds, which is a fairly light package.  

I didn't use them, but shoulder straps come with the bag, and the six attachment points on the case are steel and securely attached.

Whelen

Concur with the comments about the bag.  I did try out the shoulder straps.  The top strap attachment points kind of dig into your shoulders when in backpack mode.  It wasn't extremely uncomfortable, but probably not good for extended wear in this mode.

Rob
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top