Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:25:21 AM EDT
Trying to build as close to an exact semi-auto MK12 MOD 0 SPR clone....

Which A.R.M.S. #22's for my Leupold????

I thought it was Medium A.R.M.S. #22's. But I'd better check with you all first.

Go to the experts.

(and if anyone knows if it's a standard medium A.R.M.S. #40 A2 sight, and not a low, or high one....that's my next question as well)

Link Posted: 8/10/2006 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I kinda figured it was the "standard" #22M.
~wow. Only 1 person knew............or cared.

lovely.

Link Posted: 8/10/2006 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
just mounted Leupold 1.5-5 MR/T on carbon 15 (full rail rear to front)

arms low 22's allow .17" between eyepiece and top of rail....

checking dimensions on 2.5-8x36 MR/T will have same effect

also had weaver med. rings as temporary (unacceptable) that 1/4" height made dif.

I prefer the low 22's

will also clearance on FAL w/ DSA scope cover

can email pic
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I am using the ARMS 22M for my Mod0 with a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 LR/T.

Link Posted: 8/14/2006 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

(and if anyone knows if it's a standard medium A.R.M.S. #40 A2 sight, and not a low, or high one....that's my next question as well)

The "Black Rifle 2" shows the Arms 40 not the 40L.

I have the 22m on order as well, but after looking at the pic above with the 40L I hope I havent made a mistake
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The "Black Rifle 2" shows the Arms 40 not the 40L.

I have the 22m on order as well, but after looking at the pic above with the 40L I hope I havent made a mistake

If you are refering to my picture, I am using the ARMS #22M. I tried the #22L but they were to low.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, didnt mean to highjack the thread.

But isnt your BUIS the (40L) I purchased the (ARMS 40) its a little bigger so I am wondering if I gave my self enough clearence with the 3-9x36mm Leupold and the medium rings
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_0635Large.jpg

Very nice rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you hampered by the A2 stock??  I'm debating on putting a fixed stock on my "midlength recon" as I call it.  I originally had an A2 stock but I had a larue mount.  Now my dad has the larue mount and I have a different lower with a 6 pos stock and I'm going to get the ARMS mounts.  So my question is do you just shoot this thing prone or have you shot it standing and if so, does it put you too far back for eye relief when you are standing or more upright.  I always find that when I'm standing I don't get too far forward on the stock.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

But isnt your BUIS the (40L) I purchased the (ARMS 40) its a little bigger so I am wondering if I gave my self enough clearence with the 3-9x36mm Leupold and the medium rings

You are correct, I really need to work on my reading comprehension before I start mashing the keyboard.

What I should have said after reading you post thoroughly was that I tried the #22L with no BUIS but the scope was to low, so I tried the #22M. This got my scope at the right height, but I was told the #40 would not fit under the scope with my setup so I should get the #40L. Sorry for the misinformation, next time I will do a better job at reading.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_0635Large.jpg

Very nice rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank You

Are you hampered by the A2 stock??   So my question is do you just shoot this thing prone or have you shot it standing and if so, does it put you too far back for eye relief when you are standing or more upright.  I always find that when I'm standing I don't get too far forward on the stock.

I do not find the A2 stock to be a hindrance for 95% of my shooting. I also have to make an effort when I stand so I get the correct eye relief. I have tried the Magpul PRS and found this issue (among others) to be magnified so I went with the A2, which I find to be very comfortable from the prone position, which is how I do the majority of my shooting. The only stock I have found to work for me in any position is the LMT SOPMOD stock.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct, I really need to work on my reading comprehension before I start mashing the keyboard.

What I should have said after reading you post thoroughly was that I tried the #22L with no BUIS but the scope was to low, so I tried the #22M. This got my scope at the right height, but I was told the #40 would not fit under the scope with my setup so I should get the #40L. Sorry for the misinformation, next time I will do a better job at reading.

Shit. So are you guys saying that the original Mk12 MOD 0's didn't have A.R.M.S. #40 Standard/medium A2 height flip up in conjunction with the A.R.M.S. #22 Medium/standard scope rings on the Leupold #57055?

I have the A.R.M.S. #22M rings, #40M A2 flip-up, and #38 SPR PEQ rail.

I just got my Leupold MK 4 #57055 from AAFES.

Is this all gonna work, or what?

ugh........

Link Posted: 8/14/2006 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I was told that if I used the ARMS #22M rings along with my Leupold Mk 4 3.5-10x40 LR/T, that I would need to use the ARMS #40L because the scope would be to low for the ARMS #40std. I did not try this myself, I just took the word of someone who has built far more rifles than I have. If I am wrong please correct me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 4:51:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit. So are you guys saying that the original Mk12 MOD 0's didn't have A.R.M.S. #40 Standard/medium A2 height flip up in conjunction with the A.R.M.S. #22 Medium/standard scope rings on the Leupold #57055?

I have the A.R.M.S. #22M rings, #40M A2 flip-up, and #38 SPR PEQ rail.

I just got my Leupold MK 4 #57055 from AAFES.

Is this all gonna work, or what?

ugh........

Looked at "Black rifle 2" last night and he said they used the ARMS 40 BUIS with arms22M rings and the only scope used was the 3-9-36 either illuminated or standard. I guess I will find out if this works in the next week or so(still waiting for the top rail) otherwise look for a Arms 40 sight on EE.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#14]
This is how it works, no problem at all if you like a nose to the charging handle cheekweld.  Otherwise get the #40 low.

With the #40 low SP.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Got my scope and tried to mount it on the rifle. and It looks just like the above pic.

Went back to the "Black rifle 2" and re-read the section, he states that the Mod 0 and Mod 1 use the 22m however if you look at the Pictures close you can see that the Mod 0 are higher.

Oh well, hope I caught you before you ordered yours. I will be getting the 22H.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top