Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2004 3:22:43 PM EDT
New member with here with probable an old question.

Anyone here using the A.R.M.S. S.I.R. system?

I just got my new Colt M4 and I'm looking for a good quadrail will lots of options. I really like the A.R.M.S. #50 Bi-Level but don't know anyone that has experiance with them. They do seem a little spendy, (but what isn't anymore) hat
Also are there any dealers on this board that sells the A.R.M.S. S.I.R. systems?

Thanks
DB
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I usea number of ARMS products and love 'em. You will get a lot of response about a number of good products. Really comes down to your preference.

Thin

ETA: Go to the Equipment Exchange and Industry forums.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
cool running skeleton thinman!

As far as rail platforms go, there are alot of systems out there nowadays.  Exactly what do you mean by "options"?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
cool running skeleton thinman!

As far as rail platforms go, there are alot of systems out there nowadays.  Exactly what do you mean by "options"?

You said "options". Options are limitless when it comes to an AR15. You need to know what you want out of it and what you are using it for. IE Hunting, (what type), CQB, target, center piece for living room, etc. After this, figure what type of optic you want to use for the configuration of the AR. Long or short range scope (hunting or target), ACOG, Aimpoint, Eotech? You want lights, lasers, front grip, and IR? Figure this out and then shop for systems.

If you want to set up for a specific purpose go for what will work for you. If you want bling, get out the checkbook.

This is no attempt to offend---just been there and did it. Decide what you want to do with your AR and go from there.

Shoot straight and often!

Thin
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
My Trijicon Tri Power has been back ordered but that's the optic I'm going with. The options I want are a Quadrail, a vertical grip, a mount for my M6, and some where to put the pressure switch.

The Tri Power will be mounted on the Flat Top with the A.R.M.S. mount I got with it. Other than that I'm not sure where everything else will go. hinking.gif

The only thing I can get local is DPMS stuff. I know they sell a quadrail but I'm looking for something a little nicer and more versitle. I've also been looking at GG&G stuff as well, they seem like they have a nice product as well.

DB
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
As has already been stated, there are a LOT of A.R.M.S. accessories.
I'm using the #5 Multi Base with my Burris Scope on a Bushy A3, 20" rifle.  It's a nice quality piece of equipment and allows me to remove the scope as a unit w/no loss of zero.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:39:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
New member with here with probable an old question.

Anyone here using the A.R.M.S. S.I.R. system?

I just got my new Colt M4 and I'm looking for a good quadrail will lots of options. I really like the A.R.M.S. #50 Bi-Level but don't know anyone that has experiance with them. They do seem a little spendy, (but what isn't anymore) , and you always get what ya pay for.

Also are there any dealers on this board that sells the A.R.M.S. S.I.R. systems?

Thanks
DB

If you have not used a SIR, I suggest that you try one out before buying. I find them heavy, wide and expensize. Check the EE forum. People are just about giving them away!

C4

www.gandrtactical.com

Just took my #50 off my A3, and mounted the Eotech on the flat top.  Wow.  The front end is much lighter.  You don't realize the difference even from only 15-18 oz out on the front end of the barrel.  

Don't think I'll sell my ARMS mount anytime soon, but I was a "convert" and thought they looked cool, and after carrying an AR equip'd with on on a recent EXTENDED search (duty related), I realize the downside of the ARMS fore end.  No flame intended.  Super solid piece, and did everything I wanted, but I strongly urge prosepective buyers to consider the intent of the weapon (duty vs gunsfe queen) and the weight factor.  

My .02$.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool that's what I was lookin for.

I was kind of curious about the extra weight on the barrel end of the M4.

So if the S.I.R. system is heavy I'm assuming the GG&G quadrail is as well. What about the Tango Down Quad rail? Is it any good? I'm just looking for enough rail space for my M6 really and maybe a verticle grip. (not sure if I would like one or not)

Thanks for the help. DB
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Daniel Defense make a good rail system as does LaRue.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Just seen the Larue Tactical on C4's website. Nice lookin unit and more what I'm looking for. Is the Larue open on the front or is it closed?

C4 is the website correct in that you have those in stock?

Thanks
DB
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]
LaRue is wider, heavier but stronger than the Daniel Defense rail system.

The SIR is a pig IMO.

Just buy LaRue or DD and you will be happy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just buy LaRue or DD and you will be happy.

+1 but be forewarned installation of the LaRue and DD requires removal of the Front Sight Base and the barrel.

If you're going to pay a 'smith to install it then it's not an issue.  If you want to do it yourself then take a look at the Troy MRF units.  They weigh more than the LaRue - but they are lighter than the SIR.  They install as easy as a SIR (no removal of the barrel required).
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Ended up buying a First Samco 4 rail mount.

Got it from CMMG Inc, went with it mainly because of the price and ease of installation. Only took about 10 minutes to install including all four rail covers.  I'll see if I use it much and then if I want latter down the road I may opt for one of the more expensive units that need smithing to install.

Thanks
DB
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the Knights RIS foregrip
Its not heavy and works well on my M4A3
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Also realise the metal units will free float the barrel, weigh less in the case of Daniel Defense, and help cool the barrel more than the Samco unit.  All reasons you should have gone that route and avoided the unit you purchased.  You asked about BMW vs Mercedes and then bought a Kia.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to dissapoint.

DB
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Agree with DevL.  Bought the M44, or whatever its called and promptly sold it for the same $ luckily...got a great deal to start with.  

Found the Samco to be loose and poorly made.  Attach a vert grip and give a slight amount of push/pull and you'll see the Samco handguards trying to pull apart at the corners.  also, the rails are not standardized...you'll find many items will not solidly attach.  

Not worth the $.  See if you can sell it off on EE and save for a serious unit, regardless of which one listed above.....they will all be HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the Samco.  No flame intended...I did the SAME THING!  Price was attractive!

My .02$.  Cheers!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top