Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2004 2:22:57 PM EDT
I am planning on ordering the throw lever scope rings for my new Nikon 4.5x-14x scope but I'm wondering if you guys generally run into issue fitting a scope on the flat top with the ARMS still mounted and what size rings should I get?  I figure that the medium rings should clear with my scope but I know I won't know for sure until I get it.  I posted here so I could get a good idea before I get ready to order because if the good word is "not a problem with mediums" then I might order at the same time, but if it is often a problem I'll just have to practice ranging distance with the new mil-dot scope for a week
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
So it with the cost of the QD, it would be smarter to just buy the sell my #40. buy a #40L and pick up the #22H rings along with a set of the 300mm to 1inch inserts and call it a day?  I dont need the 300m appeture on the #40 and I don't "think" I need the 35QD because I will only use the mount for this scope and no other assesories.  Thanks for the reply you guys
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I doubt you would be able to mount that scope directly on top of the receiver with just a set of very high rings.  You would probably have eye relief problems, but this depends on how you like your cheek weld.  Nikons do have shorter eye relief than some other makes.

The ARMS#40 is definatley too high to have a big scope on top of it.  The scope needs to be forward of the #40.  Or get another BUIS that sits lower.

You generally want the center of the scope to be 1.4" above the rail, give or take 0.2".

If you went with a .5" riser from ARMS, GGG or elsewhere, be careful about using 1" rings.  The objective bell of that scope is a little more than 2", so the rail has to be long enough to move the scope out a little, but short enough to not go under the bell.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top