Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2006 3:41:57 PM EDT
I just got an EOTech sight for my AR and I have two questions:

1)  Do you remove your EOTech (or other red dot sight) when you clean your weapon?  Sub Question:  If you leave it on, is there anything special you do to protect the glass?

and

2)  How well do these things hold a zero between being taken off and put back on?

Thank You
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I cover mine with a rugged little plastic bag that the cleaning materials won't dissolve.  I cannot help you with the zero part since I don't remove mine but FWIW I understand they hold zero well when reinstalled.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I leave mine on when its cleaning time.  When I do remove and install them back on, I find that I do not have to adjust anything at all.  It's just that good. Or maybe I'm good. Everything's good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Leave mine on.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input  

FWIW I took mine off while cleaning last night, put it back on and went back out to the range today...  if the zero shifted at all it was hard to tell...

I'm starting to really like this dot sight,  makes shooting clays arrayed on a berm a breeze  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top