Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2003 10:43:52 AM EDT
I have a friend in the AF reserves being called up and shipped to Iraq.

What cleaning equipment / supplies can I get for him? I understand that he will be issued an M16 and M9. He'll be leaving within two (2) weeks and has no return date.

Thanks in advance for your help and input,

Mike
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I always included a bunch of old toothbrushes in my care packages for weapon cleaning. If he has to hump them all the way over he may as well bring new toothbrushes to trade out for old ones when he get there. He could make a new friend.

The last one I sent I put in a bore snake for .223. I dont know if they like it or not
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If he's a good friend get him an OTIS cleaning kit.  The multi calibre model.  The pouch that carries it all is about the circumference of a CD and about as thick as a big mac.  He can clean his M16 and the M9 with it.  He make his own patches with the issued ones I am sure.

Toothbrushes are great also!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top