Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/25/2005 2:00:44 PM EDT
i cleaned and lubed my gun according to the instructions and let everything sit overnight to dry. next day the stuff was still not dry. well, i wiped everything down till dry then put the most thin coat i could manage on everything again. a day and a half later... still not dry all the way. should i wipe all the stuff down again and just put it back together or what?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:40:11 AM EDT
Yes. I put Eezox on with Qtips and it takes a couple days for the first coat to mostly dry. I have yet to see Eezox completely dry on it's own. Simply wipe whatever liquid is still there and you will be fine (you'll probably be surprised how much dirt comes off with it). I find that a second coat makes a huge difference. I believe Gregory K uses 3 coats. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:34:15 AM EDT
the stuff does not dry overnight. I was thinking of putting the coatted parts under heat, but that idea would not go over to well.

I apply ezzox the wipe off excess and let dry for a few days (3 times)

after shooting I just clean with ezzox remove excessive ammounts of oil and reassemble. In the winter months a heavy wet coat of ezzox is not a good thing tends to slow things down a bit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:39:57 AM EDT
Great stuff but don't worry about it drying too much. Just clean it like stated and shoot it. The aerosol canned version dries quicker IMHO.

If I am storing the weapons I lube it up well and neglect the wipe down. A year and a half later I took it out and shot it and it ran like a champ.

Also,

I had my Kimber tlerl2 in it's soft case sitting in the closet for a week when I was remodeling part of the house. We had a major leak from a broken pipe that went unnoticed. When I finally got the pistol out the bag was soaked. I nearly had a heart attack. Pulled the pistol out and it was soaked in water also BUT NO RUST and the gun was still coated in EEZOX. This was a light coat ready for firing. Thank God!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 1:31:04 PM EDT by cnow]
thanks for the info. i took down my remington and coated it again. waited for a couple of days and just assembled it and now am going to store it. thanks. by the way, i know this is kinda cheating, but i have a question in the build it yourself section under someone please help. it doesnt show up in active topics, and i am pretty desperate.
Edit: never mind, it is showing up, just surprised that it fell so fast, like 12 places in 1/2 second
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:18:56 AM EDT
I have been using EEZOX for quite some time now and have had great results, on my Savage 10 I only use it and it alone and on my Panther I use Montana Extreme followed by EEZOX for lube it does take awhile to dry but don't put it on two heavy usually a couple of light coats is fine you will never have rust
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:29:59 AM EDT
Have any of you ever had a problem buying from them?I placed an order on Dec 3rd. and still have not recieved it yet.I`ve even emailed bout 3-5 times and no reply,no nothing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:38:59 AM EDT
I bought from this Guy. Got my stuff in less than a week.

Looks like he's out of most stuff though, sorry. Maybe the supplier is behind.
Top Top