Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2003 1:14:30 PM EDT
I've been a long time lurker .... until now.

The world is divided into two groups -- those that get that Red Rider Lever Action Carbine with the Compass in the Stock on Christmas morning and those that don't. Opening my 8th gift this morning, all the prior of which were very nice an eminently practical in nature, imagine my surprise.  Cleverly disguised in a "The Container Store" box, wrapped in about 3 lbs of tissue paper, was a brand spanking new Bushy lower.  I owe this as much to my good shooting buddy Stu (avid AK and FN-FAL enthusiast) for conspiring with my wife to get this for me.  My wife told me my eyes practically bugged out of my head when I realized what was hiding in there -- I can't wait to get the camera film developed.  Now the hard part, which upper to mate it up with -- decisions, decisions.

Looking through the Bushy catalog, what are you folk's opinions of the A3 with removable carry handle?  Or what about the M4 uppers.  I'm leaning to something with detachable/BUIS and a folding front so that I can upgrade later to some optics, but the A4 doesn't come in this config, does it?  Or should I just go with a standard A2 to learn how to shoot the thing and then get a different upper later?

Bottomlime is I am stoked.  I just need to figure out what to get to complete the package.  Lastly, any recommendations on where to order from?  As I understand it, I can order an upper and have it shipped directly to my house without going through a FFL dealer.  Is this correct?

jmart
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:54:52 PM EDT
Congrats!  Now go buy a digital camera so WE don't have to wait to see the pics [:d]
I'd get a flat top and skip the removable carry handle.  BM barrels' front sight base is difficult to remove, but there's nothing wrong with a standard front sight, personally I like the looks of it better, and it's strong and instantly usable without further manipulation.  Later when you get additonal uppers you can get one with a gas block with no front sight, or get a PRI flip up sight.
If you're planning on installing a free float handguard like KAC FF RAS or Danial Defense FF handguards, remember you have to remove the front sight base and muzzle device, if any.
BM's catalog is ok, but the best configurations reference guide is found here at ar15.com.
You can ask Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] to make pretty much any upper configuration you want.  Uppers on an AR15 is not a weapon, no need to go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:22:50 AM EDT
Nice!  I sure wish my loved me as much as yours loves you!  Dang it!  Well, at least I'm getting new HGs.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:34:10 AM EDT
UPDATE

Just ordered a Bushmaster Patrolamn's carbine upper, A3 config, with a removable carry handle.  16" M4 profile bbl, without any brake or flash hider.  I also have all necessary cleaning supplies, mags and ammo on order.  If not by this weekend, by next weekend I'll be set.
Top Top