Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:23:39 PM EDT
For those of us who don't know precisely the difference between a "Recon" profile and an "SPR" profile, is there somewhere to actually see them?

I think it would make a great tagged post if someone with pics could label the "Naked truth." Might as well throw in HBARs and Gummint profiles too-- any "proprietary" stuff would also be appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:00:51 AM EDT
I'd love to see it too. In fact, I'd love to see a sticky tagged with all the various profiles listed and pictured!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:12:14 AM EDT
There is a barrel profile index of sorts here: AR15Barrels.com's Barrel index chart
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:13:34 PM EDT
Thanks Forest! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Still looking for SPR, Recon, etc. I saw Denny's Recon photo, which looks like a medium-light contour under the handguards. what's SPR like?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:23:42 PM EDT
There is a couple SPR profiles that I can think of, but only one correct one.

Since the RECCE/RECON craze has hit, I can think of a half dozen people who have put the "RECCE/RECON" label on their profile.

I think that there is very little standard when the acronym hits the civilian world. Even the original military rifles evolve and change, so nailing each down to a single profile is probably fruitless.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:06:55 PM EDT
Got it. How about general terms?

i.e. Is a recce barrel heavy/medium weight? Step contour?

Same questions for SPR.
Top Top