Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2003 12:51:03 PM EDT
I recently bought a stubby stock from Bushmaster. I installed  it on a dissipater only to find it short stroke all but the hottest ammo. I tried many fix's but to no avail. In desperation I cut 3 coils aprox 1" off the buffer spring. I heated and beveled the last coil. At the range today "she" performed flawlessly. There was no excessive stock impact from the buffer or increased slap at the cheek weld.
P.S. I consider this a builders mod. not a trouble shoot, so please don't hassle me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not hassling you, I'd just like more info.  [;)]

Is this on a .223/5.56 gun?  (I'm asking because of your username.)  Were you using a carbine buffer & spring or one from an A2 stock?  The dissipator has the gas port at the standard carbine location, right?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The dissapater in question is a Bushmaster factory assm. A-3 upper. This is a standard 5.56 cal. all "bush" internals. This gun functioned perfect until the addition of the stubby stock. I called Bushmaster and they told me that the spring and buffer provided should have been to carbine specs. Whitch they did seem to be. The spring was however much stiffer than my telescoping's buffer spring, but the same length. Also the gas block is at the same location as any standard 16" barrel w/carbine length gas tube.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top