Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2004 3:22:53 PM EST
After installing my bushmaster NO-BAN M-16 20" HBAr with birdcage on my Bushy, I swear the gun recoils more and is a whole lot louder to boot. I know the hider redirects gas up and out and makes the gun louder to the shooter, but the gun feels like it is thumping a little harder. Am I nuts????
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:25:20 PM EST
There should no increase recoil or noise.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:40:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 3:42:18 PM EST by yfs200]
Yes, there should. Everybody knows Newton's law that says "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction." Now that your AR is in NO-BAN configuration you have many times more "thrust per sqeeze" and therefore, more recoil.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:45:19 PM EST
How so. Same barrel just with birdcage and lug
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:46:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By joelandsteph:
How so. Same barrel just with birdcage and lug

He's joking. There should be absolutely no difference, that you can tell.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:50:50 PM EST
I am taking it out for CMP on Sat to shoot it again. Maybe the moon was shifting my senses...or maybe I am becoming a real pansy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:53:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By joelandsteph:
I am taking it out for CMP on Sat to shoot it again. Maybe the moon was shifting my senses...or maybe I am becoming a real pansy.

If you don't have two of them there to compare, its easy to get mixed up. Hell, I can't shoot one rifle, pick another one up and remember the difference exaclty, if they are a lot alike.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:57:59 PM EST
Are you using the same batch of ammo for the test?

Did you replace the FSB as well (lug?) Or is it a completely new barrel?

Ammo load may be different, and different barrel may affect your felt recoil. (tighter chamber?)

A2 bird cage also only direct gas upward... That can affect the direction of the recoil...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:59:30 PM EST
New bushy m-16 HBAR complete assembly. same ammo
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:47:06 PM EST
try it next time without the birdcage and see what happens... This may not apply but I had exerience with some muzzle break on a 7.62 with an cavaity within the break. This caused an increased in felt recoil... Once I drill through (enlarge the front) the recoil dropped.

New barrel with new gas system - I am guessing here, maybe the new gas system is providing more gas then before. Does the recoil felt like a stronger push or a sharp jab? May try a stronger buffer spring..
Top Top