Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2003 12:56:05 PM EDT
I actually have two of these rifles with forward assist,  ejector cover,  and A1 sight.  They had the triangular handguard (still have them),  but I bought the full length A2 handguards.  They have 20" barrels with A2 birdcage, old bolt and charging handles.  I know they are old rifles with a few dings.

One complete rifle has the A1 upper,  A1 stock and a PWA lower.  What is a fair price?

The second upper does not have a lower.  What is a fair price?

[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
No expert on preban lower prices, so won't try to give you anything on the complete rifle.

Can tell you this though.  Bought a complete GI surp barrelled upper assy last fall, from a dealer who had a bunch of them at a show, for $325.  Came complete w/ bolt, carrier, chging handle, and everything but the forend pieces. Picked up an A1 forend from a local dealer for $10.  99% finish, and from the markings on the barrel and upper, very late production.  Might keep that in mind when you're setting your price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information ... it gives me somewhere to start.  

sh
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If they have the A1 barrels and your thinking that may alter the price upwards,the A1 barrels are still available for $120 to $130 new.  The A1 upper reciever may be less desirable to some folks.  It's proabably a wash on average. Most used uppers are worth $200 to $350 w/o bolt/carrier depending on maker and condition.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I talked with a few people locally who told me that the A1's are not the most popular uppers.  Will they sell on the equipment exchange?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
It depends if they have the Colt gray finish on them or the black. If they are black you should have an easier time selling than the gray. I bought a complete USGI Colt 20" 1X12 upper with the gray finish and I am now in the process of refinishing a lower and it's various parts to match it. I like the A-1 version and want one as original as possible minus the bayo lug of course.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes,they should sell on the exchange if your price is reasonable.  Put them on there,you don't have anything to lose.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top