Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2003 5:11:47 PM EDT
I spoke with a friend of mine today,he is a veteran gun dealer and has law enforcement background.He stated that the brady bill will expire in 1994,but the 276 page crime bill that bans high cap mags and rifles is PERMANENT.He says it cannot be changed and cannot expire.Is this true.I do not know enough about the law to argue with him.If the ban expires,can we buy pre-ban configuration guns again?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know Brady is not going to expire, we'll have to still get background checks to buy guns.  The AWB of '94 is set to sunset in Sept. of 2004, is that what he's talking about?  When the ban expires you'll be able to buy new manufactured hi-cap mags, put a flash hider, bayo lug and colapsable stock on your AR.  The "Import Ban" that stoped the flow of inexpensive AK's (and even some nice M-1 Garands) into the country will still be in effect.   At least that's my take on it.  Can any one else add any more info.?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't take this the wrong way, but your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't feel bad, my father is a police chief with 35 years of experience and he doesn't know anything about the AWB sunset either.

The Brady [b]Law[/b] is not going to expire-that's here to stay. The 1994 Feinstein crime bill is what's scheduled to die next October.

If it isn't renewed (or replaced by something worse) then rifles with preban features like collapsible stocks and flash hiders will be legal to purchase new again. New hicap pistol and rifle magazines will also be legal to purchase.

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I can see why Feinstein doesn't care if guns are legal. With her face she could just "ugly" someone to death.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can see why Feinstein doesn't care if guns are legal. With her face she could just "ugly" someone to death.
View Quote
[b]She's[/b] got a gun, she doesn't trust us poor regular slob citizens with one [rolleyes]
View Quote

She even has a concealed carry permit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

So does Chuck Schumer if I am not mistaken.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So does Chuck Schumer if I am not mistaken.
View Quote

That wouldn't surprise me a bit. The let them eat cake crowd doesn't feel compelled to follow the same rules that they legislate for us, the proletariat.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
My gun dealer friend seemed to know the law "chapter and verse".I thought perhaps I am fooling myself into believing things will go back the way they were.I thought that some of the gun experts overlooked the fine print in the law.He seemed credible in his explanation.I think some pro-gun legal expert should double check the AWB.I would hate to be fighting a fruitless battle.I'm saving up for a new colt after the ban expires...I would hate to do this in vain.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My gun dealer friend seemed to know the law "chapter and verse".I thought perhaps I am fooling myself into believing things will go back the way they were.I thought that some of the gun experts overlooked the fine print in the law.He seemed credible in his explanation.I think some pro-gun legal expert should double check the AWB.I would hate to be fighting a fruitless battle.I'm saving up for a new colt after the ban expires...I would hate to do this in vain.
View Quote

Once again, your friend is [b]dead wrong[/b].

Go here for more info [url]www.awbansunset.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top