Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 9:05:21 AM EDT
Hi Fellers

I see the AWB about to sunset.  So what should I do about it?

What should I do, that if I don't do, someday I'll say, "Gee, I wish I had done THAT".

I already have a post-ban bushmaster flattop.

So what should I buy?  What's the best strategy?  I'm assuming that the AWB will be gone for only a short period before som new horsesh-t law goes into effect.

Thanks

PS - I live in new jersey, which means that I cannot own an M1 carbine.  But I can own any AR model.  That's because M1 carbines are a deadly meanace to society but ARs are safe.  Another legal gun is the springfield armory M14 clone.  Again, much safer than a M1 carbine.  See carbines take high capacity military mags, unlike the ars and m14s which also take high capacity mags.  Are other M14 clones legal?  Well, I called the state police to find out, but they could not tell me, because the law is too confusing.  So I called an attorney who specializes in gun law.  He could tell me either.  So a fulton armory M14 may or may not be legal.  So feel safe when coming to NJ.  You might get shot by an M14 or AR, but not by an M1 carbine.  Provided that the criminals obey gun laws.  Hooray for our state government.  They're just great at appointing foreign nationals to bogus homeland security positions in exchange for semen, and great at writing gun laws that the police and attorneys cannot understand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Myself Im looking at getting a 308 Semi of some type, possibly an AR.  I was thinking of building one but I have they feeling it would go wrong if I tried.

Im pretty much able to get anything money allows, but I dont know what to get.  I dont own a 223 AR so I want to fill that hole.

Im going to a gunshow and look around and try to find something that I like then look into getting one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy every evil looking black rifle you might possibly want, either now or in the future.  If, for example, you don't much like an AK now, but someone comes up with a way to make them just as accurate as an AR without sacrificing reliability, you'll be SOL if you don't get one before another ban is passed.  Even if you decide the AK is just taking up space in your gun locker, you might be able to trade it for the Brand X black rifle you want.

Don't forget to buy lots of full capacity pistol magazines.  Some of the new "assault weapon" bans don't have anything about "high capacity" magazines, but sometimes you can't be too pessimistic.  Again, even if you don't need magazines for brand X, you can probably trade for brand Y magazines.

Edit: speelng
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's exactly what you should do.........

You should make sure that your politicians NEVER, EVER are allow to pass legislation like that again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The Peoples Republik of Konnectikut has its own AWB, and not really a lot changes for us members on September 14th. The Libtard politicians who passed it not only defined the "evil features" as in the Federal law, they also included a list of specifically banned "evil" weapons, including the Colt Sporter made in our own state!

I guess they were afraid of the Greatest Generation veterans in the state, however, because the M-1 Garand and M-1 Carbine are not. Another slap at the Vietnam veterans, their M-16 was banned.

The "AK-47 Type" was included specifically in the law, but for nine years the State Police said it was OK (???). Based on a court case about two years ago, however, they were then totally banned and CT dealers had to take them all off the walls, then another case brought by a couple of CT FFLs about a year later further confused the issue by saying AK-47 types are Ok, as long as in any caliber but 7.62x39 (that evil Commie round makes all the difference, right?)! So now Ak-47 clone mfgrs are making them in .223 and .308 and somehow that makes them "un-evil".  A real genius, that judge. Go figure.

Legalized Liberal stupidity comes in all flavors, just depends on where you are. Must be slightly different things in the water between CT and NJ.

Only thing we don't have is a mag capacity law. That's about all that changes for us when the Federal AWB dies.

The real danger as I see it is that if Bush is re-elected, the anti-gunners will push for AWBs in all the states that don't have them, hoping to get as many as they can, figuring it will be much more dificult for Second Amendment supporters to defeat such a ban in all the states.

And if Kerry gets elected, expect all firearms to be at risk of being banned on the Federal level, then one by one in the states as well.

The fight is not over.

It has only begun.

As Russ4777 said, we have to get out and vote for both Federal and state candidates who support the 2nd Amendment. The anti-gunners must get our message loud and clear. In my state, both Dodd and Lieberman must be de-elected, along with most of the Congresspersons, and especially the witch that represents my district, who is definitely gender-discriminatory, and doesn't have the courtesy to answer civily-written correspondence from one of her constituents, objecting to her co-sponsorship of the HB which would have extended and expanded the Federal ban.

Vote!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You should apply for some credit cards
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I will stock up on high capacity mags for 30-06, more for my AR, an ak, high cap mags for my glock.  Many types of flash supressors, silencer (legal?), just what i can get my hands on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
just out of curiosity, what 30-06 do you have that has hicap mags?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Myself, I think I am going to evilize my SAR-1... Evilize my M4... have a true to life, as accurate as I can get, modern style AK-74 built for me,  build an XM177E2, and then a couple more AR's (probably M4 style) Those are my priorities. I am a magazine hound anyway and already have a footlocker full of magazines so I dont think I will be collecting too many more mags unless I run out of other gun stuff to buy (not likely)
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#11]
BUY LOTS OF LOWERS!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Credit card.... Check!  Hardhat..... Check!

556man
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm gonna evilize my AR. Even if I have to move to Californistan the FAB-10 will insure that my evilized rifle can stay evil.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
BUY LOTS OF LOWERS!

The ban is not on receivers for semi-automatic firearms, and neither will the next one most likely.  Rifles with three of the listed evil features, certain pistols, and a few shotguns are banned.  There is a BATF letter around somewhere specifically addressing this.

There no such a thing as a pre-ban SAW receiver, and there probably never will be.

Edited: ban is not just about rifles
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hi Fellers

I see the AWB about to sunset.  So what should I do about it?

CELEBRATE!

What should I do, that if I don't do, someday I'll say, "Gee, I wish I had done THAT".

Get an AR with ALL the evil features,,

I already have a post-ban bushmaster flattop.

Now, get a NO-ban bushmaster flattop..

So what should I buy?  What's the best strategy?  I'm assuming that the AWB will be gone for only a short period before som new horsesh-t law goes into effect.

What do you WANT to buy? I don't think it will only be gone for a short period. Rather, I think we just witnessed another "Prohibition" sinking..

Thanks

You're welcome

PS - I live in new jersey, which means that I cannot own an M1 carbine.  But I can own any AR model.  That's because M1 carbines are a deadly meanace to society but ARs are safe.  Another legal gun is the springfield armory M14 clone.  Again, much safer than a M1 carbine.  See carbines take high capacity military mags, unlike the ars and m14s which also take high capacity mags.  Are other M14 clones legal?  Well, I called the state police to find out, but they could not tell me, because the law is too confusing.  So I called an attorney who specializes in gun law.  He could tell me either.  So a fulton armory M14 may or may not be legal.  So feel safe when coming to NJ.  You might get shot by an M14 or AR, but not by an M1 carbine.  Provided that the criminals obey gun laws.  Hooray for our state government.  They're just great at appointing foreign nationals to bogus homeland security positions in exchange for semen, and great at writing gun laws that the police and attorneys cannot understand.

I dunno, I don't live in NJ....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Get a new barrel assembly for that Bushie. Relatively easy to install, and you get the dreaded FS.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Have a beer!  Have two beers!!  Have three beers!!!   And like Russ said, NEVER let old, liberal women dictate our gun rights again.  NEVER!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top