Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 3:37:37 PM EDT
It was just on ABC News the A.W.B. will Sunset next year!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
FOR SALE NIB Bushmaster Law Enforcement only rifles. Bayo lug, flash hider, pistol grip. AVAIBLE TO ANYONE. Price: less than $899
Email me no earlier than sept 13 2004.

HA HA. just a joke. I am just so happy with all the latest reports in the news. like
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20030514_1317.html

You would be a fool not to dump your US made prebans NOW while you can get inflated prices.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's what CNN.com had to say about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/05/13/congress.guns.reut/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/05/14/bush.gunban/index.html

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the best news I've heard all year long!  Bottoms up gents, I'm going to celebrate.

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear you folks are ready to party, Feinstien is just getting ready to put another ban to a vote. Everyone knows the ban will expire! It can be replaced and if you think the other side is giving up your insane [b]but[/b] you are doing them a favor, you are giving up. Even if the current ban is not replaced by Sept 04 it can be at anytime. Time to write, call, join the NRA and GOA and get new shooters into the sport, most folks don't know how worthless the AWB is because they are non-shooters and believe everything they hear from the left, take a newbie out and while they are shooting your "Assualt Rifle" [rolleyes] you can explain to them what the AWB is all about. Then they can make an [b]educated[/b] opinion on of AWB and maybe they will write a letter or two.

I have introduced more than a few shooters to the sport and most are now rabid when it comes to defending the 2nd Amendment, almost all are NRA/GOA members also, for you who don't think the NRA is worth a crap, they have numbers and numbers is what win elections...folks in politics know this. Without the NRA in the last Presidential election you would be saying President Gore.

[size=6]DO NOT REST NOW!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
This is good news, indeed. However, keep in mind how scummy politicians are. My personal opinion is that Bush is probably NOT in favor of a renewal of the AWB, although the White House and Ari Fleischer (the biggest liar and word-mincer on the planet) would have us believe that. These positions are based upon their vote-producing probabilities, NOT the issues or principles involved. So, while I hope I am reading this correctly, I shall postpone any personal celebration of the expiration of the AWB until September 15, 2004. The other thing which comes to mind is the possibility that some OTHER confused and misguided legislation will come along, even worse than what we already have. Forgive my skepticism; I'm from Illinois. Our politicians can lie, cheat and steal better than anyone alive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I've already converted all of my revolvers to FULL AUTO!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Indeed. In New Orleans some asshole did a little "disgruntled dirtywork" with an AK. Recently in Case Western in OH somebody added their 2 cents as well. We all know this is crap legislation that pertains to emotions, not logic but remember: 2004 is election time and all it takes is another asshole in a high school to push the emotional hot button at the polls. Those of you who have not seen to get up off your ass: Educate the oblivious and write your reps (even if it's a congratulatory letter; just get your views on the record). For those of us that have started, let's not rest on our laurels. We need to keep our side of the street clean for the silent majority and more of the same letters won't hurt. Sorry if I'm preachy, but certain defeat and certain success are the times to be most active (after all your sucess is their defeat). Solidarity, brothers and sisters: let's keep the momentum going and pop the corks mid September.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
CAN YOU SAY, YEE HAH.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

THIS DOESNT MEAN WE SHOULD GIVE UP THE FIGHT THOUGH.

Next: Lets get ridda the machine gun ban.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Be happy,  anticipate the good times to come,  but don't make the mistake of stopping the fight.

If anything, we need to slowly and continuously turn up the heat on our congresscritters.   We absolutely can't let them forget that we're watching and we'll vote them into the unemployment line if they screw us.

We're not out of the woods yet.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell most people dont even vote, remember 2002. Luckily it was us vs the the hardcore WTHH (wussie tree hugging hippies) and look who won.

BTW I hate how they always mention UZIs whenever they talk about semiautomatics.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]

You would be a fool not to dump your US made prebans NOW while you can get inflated prices.
View Quote

I'll just hang on to mine. I have yet to pay more than $1k for a pre-ban anyway (got most before the ban).

If I had any NIB Colt pre-bans though, I'd be thinning them out a little.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I am interested in the information, but It is going to be a tough time getting thru this without a large amount of media attention.  You know how they can distort the views of the "typical never shot a gun citizen".  I swear my wife is a a damn spy sometimes,  "what you got now"...  She cracks me up,  I love saying "just got a new lever action 30-30 with a free floated barrell".  The sad thing is she has shot just about every gun i have & still can almost outshoot me sometimes...  [slap]

Anyway,  it's going to be long road IMHO to get the AWB to sunset.

Time to gather the [marines]  and prepare for a battle....

prosise
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]SEMPER PARATUS[/b]

Regardless of how things are looking, I plan on continuing to purchase as many USGI 30s as I can afford, along with used 15rd mags for my P226.  The used stuff is good yet reasonable and the price of it won't change too much.  Worst case scenario, I pay a few dollars too much for my mags.  So what?  It's better than being screwed should a new ban get passed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Glad to hear you folks are ready to party, Feinstien is just getting ready to put another ban to a vote. Everyone knows the ban will expire! It can be replaced and if you think the other side is giving up your insane [b]but[/b] you are doing them a favor, you are giving up. Even if the current ban is not replaced by Sept 04 it can be at anytime. Time to write, call, join the NRA and GOA and get new shooters into the sport, most folks don't know how worthless the AWB is because they are non-shooters and believe everything they hear from the left, take a newbie out and while they are shooting your "Assualt Rifle" [rolleyes] you can explain to them what the AWB is all about. Then they can make an [b]educated[/b] opinion on of AWB and maybe they will write a letter or two.

I have introduced more than a few shooters to the sport and most are now rabid when it comes to defending the 2nd Amendment, almost all are NRA/GOA members also, for you who don't think the NRA is worth a crap, they have numbers and numbers is what win elections...folks in politics know this. Without the NRA in the last Presidential election you would be saying President Gore.

[size=6]DO NOT REST NOW!![/size=6]
View Quote

AMEN BROTHER!!!! KEEP THE HEAT UP ALWAYS!!! We haven't won anything. The AW Ban will undoubtedly sunset. I have been saying this all along feel free to read my posts. But any new ban anywhere anytime could happen again. I do think however given the fact the Communists have now moved on to banning Oreos the public at large might finally wake up and see the clowns for what they are. You need to worry in your towns and in your state. Illinois has this "tentavive" 4 or 5 days scheduled at the end of May when the Congress should have already been done. I fear they may try to ram it to us here on those days. These people make me sick. Anyone watching the national news right now about the spoiled little brats in the Chicago area that were rubbing crap in other kids faces? Yeah, well these are the elitists in Illinois that want their grubbly little Commie hands on your guns. KEEP UP THE HEAT. As the defenders of American gun rights like America itself, our fight will never end it is a daily and life long committment. Join the NRA and your local state chapter. AW Ban is dead and that's good but it's not time to break out the kegs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone who believes this is the end all of the awb and doesn't use their breath to call their congress critters and actively work for the awb to sunset should hold their breath from now through 9-15-2004 for the thing to disappear. Don't think those fools like McCarthy, Jackson-Lee, Feinstein, Lautenburg, et al won't be working on it up to the last minute possible. The fat lady hasn't come close to singing yet. Quit celebrating and resume working or you won't have anything to celebrate.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, I did go and celebrate...like I said. [:D]  But it's back to business tommorow.  I just have to find another liberal to assassinate.  [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:50:06 AM EDT
[#17]
They have "pushed" for the NEW ban so hard for 2 reasons:

#1 they hope the voters will forget who voted for a new AW ban by election 2004

#2 This gives them time to get the soccer moms energized.

Anyone notice how RESTRICTIVE the house bill is? They did this specifically to give themselves manuvering room! When it does not get brought up to committee, they will say, "OK, WE'LL COMPROMISE. HERE IS A LESS-RESTRICTIVE BILL"

Bad thing is guys, is that it will be the same wording as the senate bill! IF it is identical, and IF it gets passed in both the house and senate, Bush gets put in a BIG dilemma!

It might LOOK like there won't be a new bill, but trust me, soccer moms will be mobilized, and CNN will be there to televise the weeping mothers. CNN will exploit the Case western murders, and use old file footage of Columbine.

Stay sharp. Stay focused. KEEP writing letters. Ask ALL friends in different states to mail those letters to THEIR congresscritters too!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They have "pushed" for the NEW ban so hard for 2 reasons:

#1 they hope the voters will forget who voted for a new AW ban by election 2004

#2 This gives them time to get the soccer moms energized.

Anyone notice how RESTRICTIVE the house bill is? They did this specifically to give themselves
manuvering room! When it does not get brought up to committee, they will say, "OK, WE'LL COMPROMISE. HERE IS A LESS-RESTRICTIVE BILL"

Agreed but CNN has already been reporting the sunset of the Ban as other media outlets have too. Soccer Mom's are the least of your worries. Soccer Mom's are the most impressionable of them all. I find with a little charm and a mild temperment, describing the ban and so-called "assault weapons" mellow them out a bit. When CNN reported that UZI's were going to be legal again (I hate that UZI's are their go-to gun too, who tf has an UZI?) But if you have one, more power to you, I'd like an F-16. Yesterday at work all the hens came running to my office as they usually do when the gun debate heats up. They came in fearing for their lives that next year the streets of America would be flooded with "UZI's" I explained to each of them the ban in depth, that is an aesthetic law that bans features and that these guns have never left us. Once they were explained this, they were pissed at the media for the BS!!! They think our guns were rounded up and no semi autos were made. You can't hate or blame people for being ignorant, all you can do is explain the truth. Then I made a pot of coffee and had them all giggling. They are easy, like when you would score with the ladies in high school member that? lol. Soccer Mom's for the most part don't care, don't vote and are wacked out on prozac. Fear minority groups, leftist politicians and big city mayors. We sent the NAACP packing yesterday and that if you think about it is much larger a victory in a sense then the sunset will be. The gun lobby beat the NAACP!!! Think about it. Oh and uh, when was the last time you saw ANY gun marketing? Unless you buy Shotgun News, which I don't believe is written in ebonics, there is no gun marketing anywhere. Don't sell them guns, you're a racsist. Sell them guns, it's your fault they kill each other with them. Worry about these clowns and just charm the soccer Moms.
PS....had a business associate and close friend shot in the head a PBR with an SAR AK. Husband put ten rounds in her as she entered the house. She was a great woman and this was an awful tragedy, she was wonderful just thinking of this brings a tear to my eye, beautiful, soft, wonderful woman. Even in the extremely liberal skewed business I work in, I was able to make them see reason through all the anger and outrage. They hate this guy who put a round in his own head when he was done and they understand the gun was a tool. I took some of them to the range recently, one of them had a jam in one of my AR's. I had him hold the muzzzle down range for a few, then explained to him to hold his weapon down range and clear the jam. He instantly swung the rifle towards me on accident as he was having a hard time clearing the jam (bad mag). I took the rifle away, sat him down like a child and told him he was done shooting for the day because he couldn't play by the rules, only takes one whoops and I'm not taking a round in the gut at 10 yards trying to convert the natives. The others took note and it sunk in that we aren't the problem, te guns aren't the problem. Take a hippie to the range. tree huggin or shootin? Shootin will always win!

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#19]
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51740-2003May13.html[/url]

Keep the heat turned up.  Remember 1994!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Guys just for some perspective we have the upper hand here. Remember a little guy in the house, his name is DeLay, hes on our side, more than bush anyway...

BTW I went to the Brady website, they are practically shitting their pants as of yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#21]
ALL FORMS OF GUN CONTROL AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL IS DEAD FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#22]
RELOAD AND CONTINUE SUPPRESSIVE FIRE!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It was just on ABC News the A.W.B. will Sunset next year!!!
View Quote

Yes, this has been known for 9 years now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top