Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2004 3:55:44 PM EDT
Does anybody  have any reliable knowledge of an regular  AR-happy citizen, ( as most of the members are as opposed to  a skel involved in  ilegal trafficing of AR type weapons)  being charged and  prosecuted for  AWB violations. And if so  what  was the disposition of the case ?

Assuming a lower receiver was manufactured and purchased  prior to the effective date of the  now defunct  AWB, it would seem to be very difficult to  prove  beyond a reasonable doubt that said receiver  was NOT a  fully configured and functional weapon  as of the effective date of the  AWB.

I am not looking for a debate on the pros and cons of  the  old AWB or  any possible  new one. I am not looking for  letter of the law goddness either.  Just  really interested in the  practical application and prosecution of the  old AWB.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What?
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
They only come in sizes:
small

medium

large

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anybody  have any reliable knowledge of an regular  AR-happy citizen, ( as most of the members are as opposed to  a skel involved in  ilegal trafficing of AR type weapons)  being charged and  prosecuted for  AWB violations. And if so  what  was the diposition of the case ?

Assuming a lower receiver was manufactured and purchased  prior to the effective date of the  now defunct  AWB, it would seem to be very difficult to  prove  beyond a reasonable doubt that said receiver  was NOT a  fully configured and functional weapon  as of the effective date of the  AWB.

I am not looking for a debate on the pros and cons of  the  old AWB or  any possible  new one. I am not looking for  letter of the law goddness either.  Just  really interested in the  practical application and prosecution of the  old AWB.

Argh, dood, you use grammar that's too high level.  Let me say it for you.

1.  Has anyone who legally owned an AR ever gotten in trouble.  If yes, what was the result of the court hearings.

2.  Owners of stripped lowers that's made prior to the 1994 9/14 ban date, what prove does he/she have that can prove that the lower was not assembled as a weapon.

(Eh ... By the way, I think you have the logic reversed here.  If you have a lower prior to the ban, wouldn't you want prove that it WAS assembled as a weapon before the ban, so it can be grandfathered?)

3.  The ban is dead. Who cares?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
i guess that  just proves the  old adage " ya ask a simple  question  ya get simple answers" or maybe it should "simple  people answering "

And  no  I  would be more concerned with the legal authorities  having to prove  it  was not  fully configured and functional.   Remember "innocent until proven guilty"
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i guess that  just proves the  old adage " ya ask a simple  question  ya get simple answers" or maybe it should "simple  people answering "

It's the internet, not eveyone uses words like diposition or defunct.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#6]
"It's the internet, not eveyone uses words like diposition or defunct."  h

disposition
or
deposition

Pretty good for a "simple persons" answer eh, ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's A Trap
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's A Trap
www.starwars.com/databank/character/admiralackbar/img/movie_bg.jpg

I don't think this thread is going to work out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top