Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2005 7:21:40 PM EDT
What is the latest and greatest news regarding cost and availability of M1 Carbines in .502 Thunder sabre? Or .502 TS necked down to .440 Cor-bon (aka .40 cor-bon with a 7.62x39mm case head) for that matter (greater projectile selection)?

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I only made one, and it is still running fine, however it does not have enough rounds on it yet, for me to call it a success.  I would never even consider doing one in 440 Thunder Sabre.  Say goodbye to the bolt lugs with that one.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Due to ecessive bolt thrust I take it?

Are you planning to offer them in 502 TS at all then? What about other calibers, particularly .357 mag and .44 Mag?

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:11:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The further you neck down a cartridge, the more back thrust you will get on the bolt.

I have no plans to do any more M1 Carbine conversions at this time.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top