Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 8:51:34 PM EDT
Looking to get into a reflex style sight for my A2. Want to stay under $200, so I've been looking at the Kobra's and ATN's Holo style sights.  Do either have a muzzle side glow(bad)?
Any pro or con feedback would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked at the Hakko?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
From a Kobra user...

Get the OKO.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used the Kobra - it may be fine for an AK; but I'd rather use the OKO.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
DevL-have you used the OKO or do you just not like your Kobra?
If you don't like it that well, you wanna get rid of it?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Tried the OKO but dont own it.  Already sold the Kobra here recently on the EE.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at the hakko---pano.----i got 2 of them for my ar's--work great and are light wt.    JIMBO
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Kobra on my M4gery and my SAR 2, and love them.  They're sturdy, reliable, and the dot is small enough to actually allow reasonably precise shooting, should I need/want to do it.  

I've never used the OKOs, but people speak highly of them.  If you have a C&R or FFL, Brownell's has 'em for $150, and another $53 for the cover.  One nice thing about the OKO is that they have a primitive back up sight built in...I don't know how functional it is, but at least it's there.  

If you opt for the Kobra, get the quick detach mount..that's the only decision I regret, I got the other mount...it's not that bad, but not as quick as it could be.  Tantal has the Kobras for around $130, mount included.  He is a standup guy and worthy of your business.  

Some folks think the Kobra sits up too high, but it's not that bad.  Works for me.  Here's a pic:

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/188491/M4_1.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top