Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2008 2:36:25 PM EDT
I would recommend against buying CProducts mags for your ASA block equipped 9mm. The one I bought doesn't even come close to fitting. I suspect the rib is too large, i.e., it juts out too far. I tried a little filing, but it's not even close.

The modified UZI mag I have fits slick as snot. Too bad, I didn't want to have to deal with them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I am just about to assemble my 9m with an ASA block and upper. I have the modified uzi mag it came with, plus I got a couple Pro Mags, as well as a Colt 32rd. I was going to get a cp too and see which of these mags works the best then buy a bunch of them. Thanks for posting that the cp mags don't fit, one less thing to buy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow.  I would think that you have it upside down.  I would buy any CP product, but would really be hard pressed to buy anything made by ASA.

Damm straight MRW!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry my ignorance but what is wrong with ASA stuff?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Well for a mag that's supposed to be the shit, it's about a mile off while the UZI fits like a glove. I don't know what that has to do with ASA's quality. How many people have had trouble with CProducts mags whose UZI mags work fine? I am just trying to spare someone else some trouble. Start your ASA bashing thread elsewhere, please.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#6]
ASA is under new management and the old negative issues with customer service and parts quality do not exist now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:31:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Contact CProducts.

They'll make it right.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:41:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ASA is under new management and the old negative issues with customer service and parts quality do not exist now.

Posted by MRW:
Says you. We'll see. Show me the money.

It would take 10 years of flawless ASA performance after the bankruptcy issue before I'd buy from them. What has changed other than the management? Do their parts come from the same source?

I'm just saying reputation wise, CP is light years ahead of ASA, for good reason.

Did the Uzi mag that fits so well come with the ASA kit?

This kind of trash talking about a company under new management is what kills the sport and the business. Rather than give the new guy a chance to succeed, you incinuate that he is just as bad as the prevous owner, thereby tarnishing any positive image of the company the new owner is trying to create.

I do not know the source of ASA parts right now but instead of asking the new owner yourself, you make assumptions based on what? Internet stories from years ago?

If you won't buy from ASA, fine. But it is reprehensible for you to equate the sins of the previous owner with the new owner.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I have and the parts I have are no better or no worse than any other brand parts.

When YOU buy some parts from ASA and do your own evaluation, then come back here and report, otherwise your just rehashing someone elses internet diatribe.

Fury_58, sorry for the highjack but bashing a company that sold out to a new owner is just trolling and it's getting old hearing the same old BS from guys that don't even own any parts from the company.

Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well for a mag that's supposed to be the shit, it's about a mile off while the UZI fits like a glove. I don't know what that has to do with ASA's quality. How many people have had trouble with CProducts mags whose UZI mags work fine? I am just trying to spare someone else some trouble. Start your ASA bashing thread elsewhere, please.

i'd suggest NOT using an uzi mag as your rule.

uzi mags can vary WILDLY in just about all of the major dimensions, even factory IMI.

out of two-dozen factory uzi mags i have, the range of fit can be anywhere from "drop free" to "useless because it cannot be removed or inserted into the magwell". in fact, i have 6 out of 24 that cannot be inserted into the magwell, and another 6 that only fit after some amount of grinding, polishing, and re-finishing.

my 10 c-products mags on the other hand, all drop free with the same close-running fit in my colt.

unless your "test mags" number more then about three or four, i'd be willing to bet that you have a tight mag block and a small uzi mag.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you a 10 year old girl? You're good with juvenile sarcasm.
Right....and you showed nothing but professionalism.

Not a trolling, but you are ASSuming a lot. I used to work at a shooting range and about once a month we would get some guy bring us a malfunctioning AR. Most of the time it was an ASA kit with their special "match" chamber that would not feed worth crap. Usually they were using wolf lacquer, which explains alot, but even after switching to M193, or even SAAMI spec 223, many of them still would not function reliably. ASA barrels and wolf ammo became the immediately suspected combination for a malfunctioning AR. When they went belly up I was actually happy, for I considered them "predatory" in their business practices. If they want to build an AR with a super match (tight) chamber, they might want to tell their customers that it will probably not feed every ammo type. A company that builds cheap ARs might want to recognize that their customers will probably buy cheap ammo and match their product to the ammo their customers will use.

I rest my case. Rehashing old stories from old parts and guns sold by the previous owner of ASA. This tells me you have no experience with the products from ASA since the new ownership.

Please justify why you asserted that I had no personal experience with ASA, especially since you did not ask. Do you always misrepresent your opponent in order to win an argument?

Because you were so quick to bash ASA despite being under new ownership. I was telling you to get some current ASA products not rehash old stories of old parts. You sure make a lot of assumptions and assertions yourself.

As to the original question, I still would investigate the ASA block before looking at the CP mags. Do promags, Colt mags, or other Uzi mags function with it? did the Uzi mag that fits come with the ASA block? If so, the mag may only be matched to the block, rather than the block being designed to work with all Colt pattern mags.

Good advise. Investigate their products, not bash them despite being under new ownership. As I have been saying.

Now for the sake of the OP, we need to stop highjacking his thread.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]
To what specification are the ASA mag blocks made??  To what spec are the CP Products mags made?

I'm pretty sure I know this answer.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Did I mention we need to stop highjacking this thread with our personal discussion? I will not post here anymore for that reason. Feel free to hear yourself talk.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top