Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 7:27:07 PM EDT
Friend of mine w/M16 has an ASA bolt.... He had my Garrison last week, and decided to try it, his gun ran with no problems... He ask me about the weight in the rear of mine, I tell him it was there when I bought it, Kent said the bolt was Colt spec.....

Friend says his bolt has no weight.... Do the RRA and ASA bolts come with a weight pinned in the rear? We are thinking previous owner swiped the weight, or ASA does not install it.

Do your ASA and RRA 9mm bolts have the weight pinned in the rear like my Garrison Mfg bolt?

Thanks

My Garrison Mfg bolt-
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:02:12 AM EDT
[#1]
My 9mm ASA bolt has a weight pinned in.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Of the 39 9mm Bolts I have ramped, 3 or 4 came with no weight.  I e-mailed the people with out the weight and they said they just removed it for shipping.  All the 9mm bolts I've done (Colt, RRA, unknown mfg, and ASA) have the weight.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of each (ASA and RRA) and they are both inedtical to the one you show.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks SBR7_11 you beat me to the post. Know where can I find a weight and pin. If anyone had a extra please e-mail me.

Do I really need the weight the gun runs just fine with or with out it.
What are the pro/con to the use of the weight
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks SBR7_11 you beat me to the post. Know where can I find a weight and pin. If anyone had a extra please e-mail me.

Do I really need the weight the gun runs just fine with or with out it.
What are the pro/con to the use of the weight
Thanks
View Quote

ROF is effected. AR15 leave it.  M16 be sure to use a rate reducer.... Non ramped bolt will wear your lower in either gun. (wear=hammer pin and hammer pin bearing material wear, bearing material is your lower receiver!!!) Ramped bolt will tear your M16 up, put the weight back in  the bolt and use a rate reducer...then M16 is good to go.

Ramped vs non ramped bolt

[img]http://users.zoominternet.net/~picplace/sidebyside9mmbolt.JPG[/img]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top