Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2003 8:16:02 AM EDT
Can anyone clarify the mag release on these two adapter blocks for me...my understanding is that the standard AR-15 mag button ejects the magazine?  I am debating between these two and the VM Hytech mag block fo rthe new lower I bought last night (I coulnd't help it, it was calling my name...I must have EBR disease! )
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt pattern blocks use the AR mag release to drop the mag....

The VM Hy-Tech block is held in by the AR mag catch, and the plain Uzi mags are retained via the std Uzi mag catch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, the real question is which is preferable?  Using the standard mag catch button but having to nothc $20 mags, or having to learn a different mag release button but not risking damage to the mags?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had both the Olympic and Colt/RRA style set ups.  I prefer the Colt/RRA style, in particular because of the mag change.  I have been using 223/5.56 ARs for a couple decades now, and when the mag runs dry, my finger immediately goes after the mag button.  On my pre-ban Oly, that had me constantly dropping my mag block.  With the Colt/RRA system, changing mags is the exact same action I use in any standard AR.
Sluggo
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top