Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 11:20:42 PM EDT
many times while plinking SA (No bumpfiring) I've got the barrel hot enough to cook the CLP off. I was wondering about you ARtisans out there that have (ab-)USED your camo creations. Does the paint blister, burn, or otherwise get damaged on the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Dura Cote, it has never given me any heat related problems at all.
My first paint job was on an AK, and even after bump firing it still did not affect the paint.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]
depends on the barrel, i have a bushmaster superlight barrel and when i got it really hot, it turn the barrel brown, but i do have a life time warranty on the finish, but i may get a new barrel once this one is shot out , so im not worried about it.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pc22e555aeac6c64dbeac770ae57bdae8/fb5eb9b6.jpg[/img]

its the camo on in the middle, ya can see what the barrel looks like. also depends on the colors, i had lite colors on mine, the pattern is still there but it is brown now, and but when i did this , i had the barrel really hot, i was Mag testing, so i would run 10rounds and then change mags, i did this for 20mags. lol
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, call me a wuss, but I ordered the removable camo spray paint, got all set up to apply it, set my new little RRA Tactical Entry Carbine out there, then couldn't bring myself to paint it!!  I don't know what it will do when it gets hot, looks like I won't find out [v].  Wimp.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, call me a wuss, but I ordered the removable camo spray paint, got all set up to apply it, set my new little RRA Tactical Entry Carbine out there, then couldn't bring myself to paint it!!  I don't know what it will do when it gets hot, looks like I won't find out [v].  Wimp.
View Quote

you should send it to brasspile to have it painted..he does great work.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=206288&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]
die-tryin
who makes the case i see in the pic?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 3:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
die-tryin
who makes the case i see in the pic?
View Quote

Unless my eyes deceive me that's a [b]Pelican[/b] case.

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top