Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/18/2003 6:14:00 PM EDT
Hi,

Considering a transfer to HI. Can anyone give me the low-down on "assault" rifles in the state (i.e. ARs, normal cap mags, FAL builds, etc.)? I don't wan't to be living in another California!

Thanks,

Scott
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:16:05 PM EDT
My guess is that you will find that HI is worse!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:38:15 PM EDT
hawaii is a lot better than california. you can own any rifle or pistol you want there. you can not own any magazine over 10 rounds that can fit in a pistol or assult pistol. so hi cap ar mags are out. but 30 round ak mags are okay. dont ask i didnt make the laws. if you move there and allready own your rifle/pistol you have to register it. if you want to buy a rifle you must get a long arm permit. pretty easy just go to the police station fill out the forms get your pic/finger print taken.and one week and $24 later your done.pistol permit is the same but you have to take a handgun class = a little more$$ not much.if you have any more ??? just ask
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:07:27 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to know what I had to stash away B4 leaving for HI. Sounds pretty good. I was impressed at the first gun show I attended on Oahu. I was good to see all the local firearm enthusiasts. At the time, all I had was a ruger handgun and SKS. Now, I've got much more! :)
Top Top