Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 9:53:14 PM EDT
Shot my old cell phoen the other day for the fun of it.  The first two did little more damage than a drill for some reason, but the last shot threw parts in all directions up to 15 feet away.  I never found a large part of the faceplate and the battery looked like it went through a meat grinder.  I have though about sending it to Cingular as an expresssion of their contracts lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]

[Dr. Johnny Fever]"Don't you get it? It's the phone cops! Wake up, sucker, this is the phone company we're talking about! They see everything, they know everything, they got their own covert police force! I'm probably wired for sound right now! I gotta get out of here!"[/Dr. Johnny Fever]

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Hear me now...hear me now???
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I would have sold it on Sleeze-Bay for around $30-50 and bought some ammo w/ the ca$h ....

but that's just me  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah but shooting electronics is just so much fun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#5]
What ammo were you using?  Very often 223 will blow right through something leaving little more than a hole with FMJ.

Then you get the round that tumbles on impact.  And the parts everywhere thing follows.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The phone was ABSOLUTELY functionless.  Thats why I decided to shoot it.  I was using 855 and the first shot was kind of a graze through plastic.  It sent the phone flying, but did little damage.  Second did the same through the screen.  Third i put it up sideways and that send parts everywhere.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]
and your pics of the cell phone torture test are where?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I feel your pain with cingular. Their plans are'nt   all that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you shoot it with a pre or post ban?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah but shooting electronics is just so much fun.

Yeah! And it does wonders for the image of shooters.  You know...  All that shit left out in the shooting spots!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Again, we need pics.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw a guy at the range one day shooting at a  Brinnel hardness testerwith his AR.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I have two hard drives that I'm waiting to put .223 ammo to.  Should be interesting.  I'll try and remember the before and after photographs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone ever shoot a TV? Those are a blast, especially if they are playing at the time. Believe it or not a 32" screen WILL stop a .357 Mag HP.

-J
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yeah! And it does wonders for the image of shooters.  You know...  All that shit left out in the shooting spots! hr

Yeah! Because I always do it at the public ranges! http://dravness.com/x.sa/emot-rolleyes.gif
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sorry..no digital camera or scanner.   And the parts are not lying around on the range.  I shoot in my back yard (pasture) and the only thing I ever leave is rimfire brass.  I collect 80% + of all my other brass for reloading ( its just not easy to find brass in a field). I did save the parts I found so if i ever get the chance ill post, but the cover must have imbedded in the hay bail cause I never found it.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have two hard drives that I'm waiting to put .223 ammo to.  Should be interesting.  I'll try and remember the before and after photographs.

The one I shot up several years back was actually just dented up by .223. It was some kind of computer part; I'm 97% positive it was a hard drive. I was pretty impressed  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:53:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Anyone ever shoot a TV? Those are a blast, especially if they are playing at the time. Believe it or not a 32" screen WILL stop a .357 Mag HP.

-J

Several TVs and computer monitors. If you listen close, sometimes you can hear a weird little implosion sound as the vacuum is punctured. Really cool  

And being an Eagle Scout, I always leave my area cleaner than when I found it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah! And it does wonders for the image of shooters.  You know...  All that shit left out in the shooting spots!

Yeah! Because I always do it at the public ranges!

I think he means all the shit left out in the desert from irresponsible shooters.  We find all kinds of electronic shit that people shoot and leave out in the desert all the time.

Public Ranges obviously won't let you conduct yourself in this manner.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#20]

I think he means all the shit left out in the desert from irresponsible shooters.  We find all kinds of electronic shit that people shoot and leave out in the desert all the time. his

Yup, ya dont know how much I agree with you there. I spend a lot f time in the 'backdesert' of Utah and it proves that there are a lot more shitbirds in the world then ya know. I hate driving down a dirt track in the middle of nowhere to come across a pile of junk that some pisshead has dumped on the side of the road, shot up and left. Gives all shooters a bad name when others see crap like that... what I cant figure is.. YOU PACKED IT ALL THE WAY OUT THERE.... PACK YOUR CRAP BACK!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#21]
.223 FMJ doesn't seem to blow stuff up like a shotgun blast or a soft point round.  It depends on fragmentation to do its damage in soft tissue.  The Ammo Oracle explains all.

About a year ago I went to my buddy's hunting camp and he brought out an old 13" TV to eliminate.  The TV was placed about 30 yards in front of us and we began blasting it.  He used a 12 gauge, I used my AR.  The .223 rounds were going right through the TV and into the backstop.  Nice holes and some internal damage but it wasn't as devastating as 00 buck.  He made the comment that .223 didn't do jack squat at first but I then turned him to the ammo oracle to show that I wasn't trying to kill the TV, but maybe a person behind it I probably would have done the most damage.  I was using Federal XM193 that day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
[Dr. Johnny Fever]"Don't you get it? It's the phone cops! Wake up, sucker, this is the phone company we're talking about! They see everything, they know everything, they got their own covert police force! I'm probably wired for sound right now! I gotta get out of here!"[/Dr. Johnny Fever]

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#24]
hard drives are awesome...especailly if powered up and spinning at 8-10,000 RPM when they get nailed. did it with my SKS. i've still got the drives back home somewhwere
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top