Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/30/2003 8:14:46 AM EDT
I had a wild hair for one of these 7.62x25 tokarev uppers a ways back and I just can't seem to forget about it. Has anybody gotten one up and running? I was thinking about building a carbine length upper and using the PPS-43 mags. I was hoping somebody had one up and running so I could find out about all the problem areas in advance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:44:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-fan: I had a wild hair for one of these 7.62x25 tokarev uppers a ways back and I just can't seem to forget about it. Has anybody gotten one up and running? I was thinking about building a carbine length upper and using the PPS-43 mags. I was hoping somebody had one up and running so I could find out about all the problem areas in advance.
View Quote
Surprised that the recent thread regarding this very subject has already scrolled off. [b]We need more pages for this forum![/b] Anyway, in answer to your question, I am in the process of this very project. Who the hell knows when I'll actually get it done (the Cubs will probably win a World Series before I get to it), but it's in the works. I think the biggest issue will be the mag block--first to get the curved PPS 43 mags to fit, then to get them to feed. Someday... [;D]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:10:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/2/2003 10:13:11 AM EDT by AR-fan]
Corvus, I posted this question because the original had gone away and I really wanted to see what might have happened up to now -- like maybe a workable magblock!!!!! Yes, it's always the magblocks. I had thought about getting the barrel and shooting it single shot to see just what kind of accuracy and power I could get out of a 16" barrel. If it looked good I would try to make up a magblock. I just can't seem to come up with a reason to do the 7.62x25 since I've got the 357sig. Marty said he could do me a barrel in about 8 weeks from the time I order it -- not bad in gunsmith time. I guess I'm turning into a real AR junky.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:28:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-fan: [i]Yes, it's always the magblocks.[/i]
View Quote
Yep, but don't worry, I'll eventually get it done. I think the block will work, it's just a matter of finding the time to do it. With working, going to school as a Grad Assistant full-time, family time, and trying to get another job all happening at the same time, shootin' stuff is way down low on the priority list. (I'm embarrassed to mention the last time I actually went shooting!)
[i]Marty said he could do me a barrel in about 8 weeks from the time I order it -- not bad in gunsmith time.[/i]
View Quote
Marty either has or will have very soon a new member of the ter Weeme clan, so his hands will be very busy for the next few months. Glad I moved on the upper when I did! I'll try to get [i]something[/i] done in the next couple/few months, but I can't promise anything!
Top Top