Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 6:36:26 PM EDT
In the 12/30 issue of SHOTGUN NEWS these are advertised as being forged, mil-spec, etc.

Who makes these? Anyone have pics? Anyone built on these?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
They are made by Continental Machine.  These are the same as Colt, Bushmaster, & RRA lowers.  If you perform a quick search, you'll come up with all kinds of information on these.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
OODA_loop, you are a new member, yet no mention of this in your post, therefore you are fined one thousand rounds of .223 ammo.  you may send it directly to me.  have a nice day.               [;D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
CMT!!! I bought one of these and had trouble with it. The lower only. Upper was ok. Lower had the following problems:
1.Trigger pin and Hammer pin must be just a tad to close. The RRA NM trigger won't work in it. Works with a punch in the hole but when you put the hammer pin in and it locks up. Worked fine in my Eagle Arms. The standard AR trigger did work though.
2. The cut under the take down pin is not deep enough. A standard Accuwedge would not fit. It did in my Eagle Arms and Bushmaster.
3. The pivot pin hole was too shallow. after running a drill bit thru it I still had to shorten the detent spring to allow clearance of the detent to install in the pivot pin.
I'm either the only one that bought one or had problems with one.

That's my .02[devil]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
grizzlyarms,
U didn't give the newbie any help!
U forfeit your 1k of .223 ammo. You can send it to me.[bounce]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
lol...actually I was on the list/board in 1998, but have been away for a while and can no longer remember my password or username, and it was to my work email that no longer exists...

Have a preban Colt A2 that I plan to convert to a carbine...the bolt/carrier/barrel/furniture would end up after legal mods or the repeal of the AW ban ;) on an A4 upper and new lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top