Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:44:52 PM EDT
My first AR should be here in a week!!have
Keeping the gun in top condition is important to me.  I have seen various tools but have no idea what is needed or if a complete kit is even necessary.  What do you suggest?

Thanks for your time!
Mike
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what I use, I pretty much try to keep everything simple

OTIS Memory-Flex cleaning rod, Hoppes .223 copper bore brush, chamber brush, patch holder with T-handle from GI cleaning kit, chamber cleaning stars, and Q-tips

CLP for cleaning and lube

I keep a spare firing pin, extractor, extractor pin, Wolff Extra Power Extractor springs, and McFarland gas rings in the GI cleaning kit

I really can't think of any "tools" you would really need for range trips.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This is what I use, I pretty much try to keep everything simple

OTIS Memory-Flex cleaning rod, Hoppes .223 copper bore brush, chamber brush, patch holder with T-handle from GI cleaning kit, chamber cleaning stars, and Q-tips

CLP for cleaning and lube

I keep a spare firing pin, extractor, extractor pin, Wolff Extra Power Extractor springs, and McFarland gas rings in the GI cleaning kit

I really can't think of any "tools" you would really need for range trips.

Where do you purchase all the little parts like firing pins and extractors?  I want to build up a small parts kit for the range but most places want to rape me on shipping for 5 tiny things that could fit in a letter size envelope.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Nextime you order take the items onto your order.

Or just buy as LPK and a complete bolt carrier assy for spares. With this you should have just about every part that is common to break in an Ar. It will just take a lot of rounds down range (read 1,000s) before you need anything.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top