Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 11:27:10 PM EDT
Who really thinks that on Christmas day they will be tearing into boxes filled with AR accessories ? Yes, most of us have our wives, or girlfriends convinced that it's just a hobby ( way of life ), and they may come through with somthing close to what we were looking for.

What about the rest.

Mom, Dad
Brother-in-law.
Mother-in-law
etc.

I just get myself a little somthing. I'm the only one in my family that knows where to pick up a Colt M4A3 upper it seems.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I know I've got a thousand rounds of ammo waitin for your's truly :)

Good nuff' for me!

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:14:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Under my tree are a few boxes that I put there myself.  I was really good to myself this Christmas.  They each have small IOU slips for things I just bought but have to wait for (Shrike, SEBR Carbine, 1200rds of .50 BMG ammo, my latest order with MSTN, etc...).  The wait is killing me over here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I have everyone kinda pool money for my gift since everything I want costs so much, and this way I get nice thing/s that I actualy want.

works out better this way.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I highlight items in Bushmaster's and other AR catalogs with a yellow highlighter, and let my wife pick what she wants up to whatever total she wants, that way I get stuff I really want, and it's still a surprise. She also sent the catalog to my inlaws, so they will do the same for their gifts to me. There is a lot of good stuff in the $14.95-$29.00 range, perfect for little gifts. I think I am getting stuff like a new bolt carrier w/gas key ($79), vise barrel grips($19), HD armorers wrench($29), complete set of headspace guages, and more. I recommend this system of buying presents.

I do the same for her. She gave me a list of Items from Bath and Body works, (knowing I couls not buy all) that she likes, and I picked out $130 worth of gifts.

No more getting a present, pretending you like it, and sticking it in the closet forever to gather  dust, that seemed like such a waste.

Really looking forward to Christmas this year!

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#5]
This year my wifes giving me $200 for my christmas and birthy with is a week later gift and Im gonna spend it all at petes in newhampshire with a telestock with H buffer and a complete bolt/closed bottom carrier assembly and upgrade my preban Bushy shortie A1 sights wich other than adding M4 handguards and a camo paint job its all original factory so I figured upgrade.I ask every one else in my family to just give money for a gift..besides they all know I have Black rifle disease and willing contribute for gifts the things they know I love ..cant wait to get the parts.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I know for a fact I am getting what I want !!

A new UZI and a new SW5-FS.

Its awesome when you can buy things for yourself.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I do like KZ45 does..I ordered a new Bushy M4 barreled upper for my V-Match, new green furniture, a new Aimpoint CompML2, ARMS mount/cantilever spacer and Ergo grip.I'm the easiest person I know to buy for and the only limitation is the depth of ass chewin when the wife sees the damages on the Visa cards.The son is getting me a mag. for the AR, and the wife is buying me a pair of jeans.In my opinion I would rather get myself stuff and have the family get me stuff I can use, even though I know about them ahead of time. No more ties, socks,skyhooks etc., etc., that get no use/wear.Life is too short and money is too easily wasted.Santa says I got a bad attitude...apparently he does not own any cool guns!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife lets me pick out my own christmas presents because I want specific things.

Under my tree:
My RRA Varmint 16 (used already but it will have a bow on it)
3 more 30rd mags
AR-10(t)
1 7.62 20rd mag.
Benchmade Ascent 835 knife
500 rds 7.62
1000 rounds 5.56 (?)
Living room suite for the wife
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been giving my wife, mother-in-law and parents a "list" for the last 6 years. It started with my wife and my mom bitching at me that they did not know what to get me. So I gave them a list including phone #'s and item numbers to make it easy. Well this year the list was 4 pages long. I sure hope I get SOMETHING off of the list.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Well hopefully my SPR will get a new bed. A Starlite case hopefully the wife comes through for me its all I asked for so all is good.
        FREE
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Probably not any AR stuff, but Dad and I are building some AK's. I know one of us is getting something related to guns!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be getting 1000 rounds of Q3131A from my mom, Hogue grip from my dad, and an ACOG from my friend.  w00t!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing from others, but "HOPE" that a 50 Beowulf upper and a few rds of that BIG OLE ammo will show up on Thursday!!!

Doc
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I can have anything I want under $200, as long as it isn't gun related. She doesn't care that I have guns, or how many. However, she refuses to support my habit..err hobby. On the otherhand, I did pick up a new to me USP. I think I'll wrap it and the accessories up, and put them under the tree.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
ME TO $200 LIMIT BUT IT CANT INVOLVE GUNS
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#16]
My girlfriend and family refuse to buy me ANYTHING related to firearms.  It bites ass, so I just bought myself a Yugo M48 [naughty]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife is giving me a Tactical Rifle class with 1000 rounds of XM193 to go with it.  Isn't she lovely. [:D]

BP
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top