Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 4:18:57 PM EDT
Seems like you could put a stock on one and have a really SBR.Legal,I dont think so.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
THANKS!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
no you can't.

For it to be a pistol it can't have a stock, the reciever can never be a registered rifle, and you can't have a forward grip or it'd be an AOW.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
no you can't.

For it to be a pistol it can't have a stock, the reciever can never be a registered rifle, and you can't have a forward grip or it'd be an AOW.  

My understanding was that you could only build a pistol on a reciever taht was never assembled as a rifle but converting your pistol to a rifle was no problem. (Unless barrel length sub 16 inches then you need the tax stamp)
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
cannot put a rifle stock on a pistol, but thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
From short ar pistol faq:

Q: What if I built it as a pistol first, then a rifle?
A: That's the only exception. If you build a pistol from a virgin receiver first, take some pictures and date them. Hang on to them. Then build your rifle. If you ever want to turn it back into a pistol, take the stock off FIRST, then put the pistol barrel back on.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top