Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 6:11:06 PM EDT
A thread in the SF about discreetly bugging out of NO on foot with a rifle got me wondering if the AR pistol was a viable option. People were talking about packing the rifle in a bag and using a pistol for immediate response if needed. I thought it would be pretty easy to conceal an AR pistol under a rain jacket or poncho. Would an AR pistol be a better defense weapon than a regular pistol? If you could carry one along with your regular CCW, would you?

Keep in mind I'm only comparing the AR pistol to a regular pistol. For this discussion let's assume that your rifle would be hidden in your bag, not immediately accessible.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:15:37 PM EDT
it would be nice to have .and definately a nice close in weapon.concealment?don't know I don't have one but would like to,I was tossing the idea about one of those carbon ones for that reason.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:43:30 PM EDT
The AK platform seems better suited for a pistol (no buffer tube). I have three AK pistols, I think they'd work great for close in ambush type shit. If I was going to carry a 10"-11" AR pistol I'd probably just get a carbine with tele stock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:48:38 PM EDT
There's a thread, in the AR Pistol forum, about carrying the AR pistol. There was a suggestion of modifying a shoulder rig made for Uzi's, but I think the rig was discontinued by the manufacturer. Seemed to be the best suggestion, so far, for a concealed carry method.

Best open carry suggestion was a drop-leg holster that was apparently made for the M-4 or something similar. Finding a US dealer for the holster, is apparently a bit of a problem.
Top Top