Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 10:05:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2005 10:06:35 PM EDT by jwise]
Who makes lowers that are registered as pistols? I want to buy just the complete lower, so if you know where I can order one, please share!

I haven't been convinced that a stripped lower can be registered afterwards as a pistol, every FFL dealer I talk to says it's illegal (not that I trust what they say completely, but they are the ones who would then mark the lower in their book as a pistol.)

If I'm wrong on this, please share the specifics so I can share it with my FFL dealer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:12:01 AM EDT
Just about any dealer should be able to provide you with one. Try Dennys or CMMG. You could just buy the stripped lower (transfered as a pistol) and install the Lower parts kit, and buffer assembly. It is pretty easy, and may save you a few bucks if you find the right dealer. If you find a local dealer that has them in stock (all the parts) you should be able to get a decent price. Or buy the Lower from a local dealer to avoid transfer fess (30 -$35.00), and then get the rest on line.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:07:51 AM EDT
How do you buy a stripped receiver "transferred as a pistol?" Does that just mean the 4473 form is marked "pistol," or does it have to be transferred from the manufacturer to the dealer as a pistol?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:16:38 AM EDT
LAR Manufacturing (Grizzly) actually sells lowers marked as PISTOL. I have a few. :)
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:02:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jwise:
How do you buy a stripped receiver "transferred as a pistol?" Does that just mean the 4473 form is marked "pistol," or does it have to be transferred from the manufacturer to the dealer as a pistol?

Distributed stripped lowers (never been built into anything yet) are able to be sold by the dealer (FFL holder) as a pistol or rifle lower. Just tell them that you want to use it as a pistol and they will do the appropriate paperwork. Then you have a pistol lower.

Top Top